Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confused

Guess What
I am finally getting around to cleaning up some of my latest Pioneer finds,but I have a couple of little items that are bothering me.FIRST,the P28 has that anti vibration system on it so to do a complete clean on the saw I have taken off the handle and the handle that the throttle trigger is on.I did this so I could clean out between the cylinder fins.But for me to do the job I would like to, I need to remove the shroud that covers the top of the cylinder where the spark plug is,it also holds the on/off switch in place.From what I can see in the IPL, and just by looking at it, there is still one black rubber anti vibe thingy that is attached somehow that prevents me from removing this shroud.I did take the screw out of it that enabled me to remove all of the handle assembly but this rubber thing will not pull off.I think propliner gave me the answer in an email but I can not find it.I do not want to rip it off as I do not have one to replace it.Anyone know what the heck I am talking about?Also the Pioneer1200A does not have a fuel primer.Did some 1200A machines have them and others 1200A's not ?Why?
Thanks
Lawrence

The 1200A used a Tillotson carburetor and as near as I can recall, did not have a primer system, just a choke. The primer was unique to the Pioneer carburetor.

1200a

Thanks Roy
I was sure I read somewhere about a primer for the 1200A.Maybe there was some that came with the Pioneer carb and some that did not.Iwill go back and check the service manual
Thanks Again
Lawrence

Lawrence, the vibration dampeners twist out. Grab it near the base with a set of Vice-Grips and give it a good quick twist. If you break it, I have an extra for you.

It looks like the cylinder shroud is only held on by 4 screws.

As far as the 1200 goes, all of my IPL's show only a choke for the 1200 and 1200a's.

ill add my pics.

i dont know the year. its an 1100. got it runnin and it is very loud, its been in the family since knew. i ran this saw as a young kid in the early 90s.

it does seem to have very high compression..

Hi Guys,
sorry to derail - but not getting any replies in my own thread. Does anyone know where to get rings for an old Pioneer 450? (not partner/pioneer, real pioneer)

My neighbour gave me his Pioneer 450, still has the original box, warranty papers, owner's manual, chain (plenty of life left) and tools.
Problem is, compression is very poor. I'm going to strip it down, replace gaskets etc. (need to make the exhuast gasket I'm thinking). But I won't bother if I can't get new rings for it. Does anyone know where to get NOS or AM rings - it's 2.25" bore. I assume it's imperial (not 57mm)?

found a pioneer 800 on fleabay not far from where i live. i didnt know pioneer saws went so big. it looks quiet neat and tidy hopefully i will have it on the shelf in a week or two. unless i get outbid:mad:

i new id be up against you gmax, i wasnt gonna say anything but i thought id drop out a lure and see if i get a bite :cheers:

haha game on my friend :sword:

Alright fella's, I want to see a nice clean bidding war! No snipe bidding and pics will be posted by the winner. Now head back to your respective wallets and come out bidding!!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

This should be interesting.......:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back