Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he said he had a lot of interest from overseas and was happy to post maybe it went your way jerry

Bar Identification

Can someone tell me what this bar is from? the numbers are:
24-D
7-2

I found the bar when cleaning up at my father's. I was wondering if it was off the 620 Super he gave me.

Thanks,

E. C. Jones

Can someone tell me what this bar is from? the numbers are:
24-D
7-2

I found the bar when cleaning up at my father's. I was wondering if it was off the 620 Super he gave me.

Thanks,

E. C. Jones

Pioneer chainsaw bar # 470062 is a 24" standard hard nose bar that fits the 600 series chainsaws plus a number of other Pioneer chainsaws also. It sold for $ 20.10 CDN in 1966.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry

Thanks Jerry. My dad is in his late 80's and his memory is failing. When I appropriated the 620, I asked him about the other bar and got a blank look that said it didn't register that he had another bar. I thought it was something else he dragged home until I looked at the chain and realized it was a .404, sharpened in his tell-tale way with not a single angle the same. I'll have to save it for posteritiy.

E. C. Jones

Hey you guys ever seen an old blue Ford chainsaw?
I have one. A buddy dropped by a couple years ago heading to the scraper. I told him dude you can't scrap that and give him a couple old truck rotors for weight.

Soon as I figure out how to make my pics smaller I'll post'em. She's a beauty. :computer:

finally got the 450 back together after some serious cleaning. new plug and fuel lines and bang started up after 6 pulls.

Hey you guys ever seen an old blue Ford chainsaw?
I have one. A buddy dropped by a couple years ago heading to the scraper. I told him dude you can't scrap that and give him a couple old truck rotors for weight.

Soon as I figure out how to make my pics smaller I'll post'em. She's a beauty. :computer:

Those saws were fitted with an Orline model airplane engine and were given out by dealers to customers that bought Ford tractors or other Ford farming implements. The Orline saws are highly collectible and come in a couple of models. The Mustang , 129 and Midget are others that I have seen and handled, there are others as well. Maybe check Mike Acres site, he has most old chainsaws on there.
Pioneerguy600

the primer dont work its all there but the rubber is all soft. i use a syringe to get it running. is there any way to rebuild the primer jerry without using the genuine kit?

the primer dont work its all there but the rubber is all soft. i use a syringe to get it running. is there any way to rebuild the primer jerry without using the genuine kit?

I have not found a method yet to make the diaphragm for these pumps. I am lucky in that I found some NOS ones from a couple of sources. I also bought out a old retired Pioneer dealers old stock many years ago that had some older stuff in the inventory.
Pioneerguy600

Those primers can be frustrating. Mine is apart now, trying to fit an "O"ring into the pressure needle. Just can't find anything that small. Everything else appears to be good. I guess I won't know for sure till it's all back together.

Had some time today to do a little investigating into the latest RA that arrived this morning.It is in good condition for its age, it was a one owner saw with low run time on it. This is just the way I got it, no cleaning or any resto work started as of yet, just taking a look at what I have to work with.

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

Mine is definately going to have to sport the bigger felling dawgs! I just have the little one on there now. Think with a little time, I could fabricate one out of some scrape sheet metal I have laying around.
Great find Jerry. Really like the hardnose bar. Looks like it is in great shape. What plans do you have for the saw? Stay as is or full restore(paint)

Mine is definately going to have to sport the bigger felling dawgs! I just have the little one on there now. Think with a little time, I could fabricate one out of some scrape sheet metal I have laying around.
Great find Jerry. Really like the hardnose bar. Looks like it is in great shape. What plans do you have for the saw? Stay as is or full restore(paint)

The only thing missing is the nickle Pioneer logo on the cover, this one is headed for a complete strip down and restoration including paint. I will be shopping for a original Pioneer logo, the rest I already have in stock.
Pioneerguy600

Back