Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been in Destin for the week. My parents brought my brothers, our wives and all the grandkids down to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary.

I took my wife, dad and the two younger boys out on a charter trip after red snapper. The snapper bite was tough but we ended up with 3 red snapper, 1 mangrove snapper and 4 scamp grouper. We also caught a half dozen triggerfish and 2 gag grouper.

Here's my wife and the captain with her gag grouper, about 20 lbs.20240611_162909.jpg
I'll get some more pics when my wife sends them to me.

We've been in Destin for the week. My parents brought my brothers, our wives and all the grandkids down to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary.

I took my wife, dad and the two younger boys out on a charter trip after red snapper. The snapper bite was tough but we ended up with 3 red snapper, 1 mangrove snapper and 4 scamp grouper. We also caught a half dozen triggerfish and 2 gag grouper.

Here's my wife and the captain with her gag grouper, about 20 lbs.View attachment 1183618
I'll get some more pics when my wife sends them to me.
Awesome. I’ve lived there twice.

What are you planting in it?
Transplanted a few hostas from a small garden I’m getting rid of and then complimented it with a number of deer resistant flowers.

We aren’t sure if the hostas will freeze out in a raised bed. No loss if they do as the other garden is going anyhow.

IMG_9307.jpegIMG_9308.jpeg

Transplanted a few hostas from a small garden I’m getting rid of and then complimented it with a number of deer resistant flowers.

We aren’t sure if the hostas will freeze out in a raised bed. No loss if they do as the other garden is going anyhow.

View attachment 1183757View attachment 1183758
Looks good. I have the very same outboard sitting in my garage. Mine is a '68 or '69 I seem to recall. It was having fuel delivery issues and between working on the carb and the fuel pump I never did get it back to running just right. I ended up getting a bigger boat so there it sits. One of those projects where the time and the inclination never seem to line up.

I guess I can now say I have seen a boatload of flowers.

I've got an aluminum boat to get rid of... was going to scrap it but maybe another raised bed for my daughter in law is an option... Just sent a photo to my son! Need some landscape fabric to line the bottom after drilling a bunch of drain holes!
Yhat will make a nice flower pot for sure.

Kind of a waste of a good boat and motor isn't it? :laugh:

Awesome. I’ve lived there twice.
It's a little too busy/commercialized for me. It's beautiful though. I prefer the Fort Morgan, AL vibe. More laid back, less traffic. I definitely would come back to Destin. It's waaaaay better than Orlando and Miami.

Well, it's all down. Just need to get some resin and fill the cracks and knots, sand, then urethane it. Which as of this very second isn't a priority. Going to move the miter saw and saw horses in here for now. Need to get the main shop cleaned up again before proceeding.

Attachments

• 20240613_175525.jpg
    20240613_175525.jpg
    4.9 MB
Well, it's all down. Just need to get some resin and fill the cracks and knots, sand, then urethane it. Which as of this very second isn't a priority. Going to move the miter saw and saw horses in here for now. Need to get the main shop cleaned up again before proceeding.
Looking good buddy,

Had a tree nearly volunteering to go to the wood stacks and today was the day. Small cherry that died about 8' away. It was just in the woodline and needed to go perpendicular to the stacks as to not upset any of them. I selected the only felling cut I know - the Running Dutchman. It doesn't so much describe the cut, but more so the cutter. :crazy2:
20240613_172430.jpg

Latest posts

Back