Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of beer. Yuengling makes a seasonal Hershey's beer. That is pretty good and should be coming out anytime now. Their Black and Tan is also good.
I think I saw it at the beer place last week. They always have a seasonal display as soon as you walk in the door. Beer run Wednesday so I'll check. Never tried it but might have to get a sixer.

Speaking of beer. Yuengling makes a seasonal Hershey's beer. That is pretty good and should be coming out anytime now. Their Black and Tan is also good.
Not sure why but you will not find Yuengling's for sale anywhere in Michigan, there is no distributor.

That is the proper way to do it. Good for you.
I ain't that strict, but you better have the ability to bring my stuff back as it went out. Although I've made exceptions to help someone out, and I've been burned a few times because of it. That being said, everyone should be given a hand up.

I ain't that strict, but you better have the ability to bring my stuff back as it went out. Although I've made exceptions to help someone out, and I've been burned a few times because of it. That being said, everyone should be given a hand up.
I have had too many things broken in my younger days to just lend out anything with power. Hand tools are a different story. I would prefer to help someone out using my power tools than to lend them out.

It really pays to have no friends or stuff that people would want to borrow anyway.
The same goes with lending anyone your nice pickup truck. Years ago I spent a lot of time and money redoing a rot free Ford F350 Camper Special. A good friend of mine was moving and wanted to borrow it. I got my truck back with two dents on the top sides of the bed and a few scratches on the sides. I just had it painted a few months prior. Never since then have I let a friend borrow any pickup that I have owned.

I loan my stuff out to the guys I work with. In fact, none of us lock our boxes.
when I worked at the machine shop, my tool box was the community box. Never once had to worry about anything being taken and not returned. if it was broken, it was promptly replaced or exchanged. Didn't matter if I was on the road for 6 months straight or not. Didn't have that luxury at the township and I was warned to keep my box locked where I work now. Fourtanitly I only need my little box at work, my big box and most my specialty tools are at home now.
Glad the guy who owns this lift didn't make me fill out a credit app lol.
Looked like this when I got it, here's how it went backnto him. I also fixed an electrical issue on it, it was an easy one, but not easy to see.
View attachment 1207874View attachment 1207875
That would fall into the very few people category. A peeve on mine is returning something in the same or better shape then I got it. My uncle and cousin love when I borrow their equipment. I always need to fix it to use it. I don't complain though, they charge everyone else to use their equipment lol.

I'm fortunate on the neighbor situation. I have awesome ones all are. Neighbor had a big section of a maple to come down yesterday. I came from one direction with a saw and another came from the other side saw in hand. He didn't ask because he didn't have to! It's just what we do.
New neighbors… have no concept of the path of the sun or seasons… They bought a battery chainsaw and pole saw and hacked up “their side” of our white pines and 25 foot tall yews. The problem is they were over the property line. I talked to them about it when they did some
minor pruning that I had to fix. “There is too much shade.” Well… mangling the north side of the plants isn’t going to change that. This time it was a massacre. I’ve been pissed for two weeks.. I’m leaning towards installing a 6 foot galvanized chain link fence down that line… and 4-5’ black chain link down our side of the plants. That will allow the lower branches to recover from the deer browse… it will also create more shade and block all the damned outdoor lights they leave on all night. Galvanized chain link should make them feel right at home… they moved up from Brooklyn.

Latest posts

Back