Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHEN I was younger, Working only a half day (12 hrs) was a good thing! Easy day!
Now I am oldt, I have to limit my cutting and splitting to half days (4 hours) Now that is good exercise, especially if you pitch it onto the trailer or onto the pile. ;)

I figure I have about 6 more (half) days to fill my storage. House painting this morning.

Looking forward to the arrival of the fiskars splitting maul.

In a couple weeks i will be 11 yrs post heart attack. 14 yrs post blood clots in lungs.
I still work a lot of half days as you called them, then come home and do more most days. But, there are certainly days I come home and do nothing, especially after getting up at 1:30 and I only sleeping 3 or 4 hrs.
I'm young though, 54.

I still work a lot of half days as you called them, then come home and do more most days. But, there are certainly days I come home and do nothing, especially after getting up at 1:30 and I only sleeping 3 or 4 hrs.
I'm young though, 54.
My go to , got 7 on ya chipper, and get more sleep buddy, 👍

Attachments

• IMG_3687.jpeg
    10 MB
  • IMG_2993.jpeg
    IMG_2993.jpeg
    3.1 MB
  • IMG_9574.jpeg
    IMG_9574.jpeg
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_0667.jpeg
    IMG_0667.jpeg
    3.1 MB
  • IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    4.4 MB
  • IMG_3747.jpeg
    IMG_3747.jpeg
    3.9 MB
I lent out my copy of "How to win friends and influence people" back in the early '80s and it was never returned... otherwise I'd pass it along. 😉
Growing up I was on many a job site filled construction guys. They all had bets on how long it would take for my nose to get broken when I entered high school. I beat the odds. Made it to sophomore year. My dad used to call it “how to make friends and influence people by Matt Jr”

Pops had 2 weeks btw. He kinda helped it make it to sophomore year, taught me how to slip a punch or two

And NOBODY in school had hands as fast as his or uncle Mikes. You spar with a fast guy, everyone else is SLOW MOTION

Time for my public service announcement

Get your colonoscopy when your doctor starts telling you it’s time, currently that’s in your 40s.

My first one at about 70 found stage 4 colon cancer, almost two years ago. It could have been caught as polyps if I had it done earlier. I was probably about to but put it off a little longer to deal with some other issues, some mine and some my wife’s, and the Covid hit, another delay.

Treatment is keeping it down and will probably be getting a section of colon removed soon. Surgeon is going to take a look in two weeks, via another colonoscopy, to see what he thinks. I call it a “colon-disconnect-omy “.
Seriously guys. My Doctor wanted me to go two years ago and I didn’t, I finally went this year and had to polyps they removed

Gotta go back in a couple years, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be

Sleep the whole time…

Seriously guys. My Doctor wanted me to go two years ago and I didn’t, I finally went this year and had to polyps they removed

Gotta go back in a couple years, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be

Sleep the whole time…
What about the bowl prep? Did you enjoy that?:innocent:

Growing up I was on many a job site filled construction guys. They all had bets on how long it would take for my nose to get broken when I entered high school. I beat the odds. Made it to sophomore year. My dad used to call it “how to make friends and influence people by Matt Jr”

Pops had 2 weeks btw. He kinda helped it make it to sophomore year, taught me how to slip a punch or two

And NOBODY in school had hands as fast as his or uncle Mikes. You spar with a fast guy, everyone else is SLOW MOTION
I had a division manager who was one of those trendy, believes everything, types who insisted everyone read Dress for Success and the win friends book… Even his wife thought he was full of manure… kicked him out and he was living in a flee bag hotel with his Town Car parked outside the door… I spent no emotional capital on the book not being returned! There are better ways!😉

P.S. My brother was a tin knocker. He took no crap even as an apprentice. Lived hard and died young. Lessons to be learned there…

Good luck 👍 Last fishing trip of the year... now that's a scary thought!
Thanks! We needed it this morning. The morning started off pretty well. We were pretty optimistic that we were gonna get our limits but the wind switched direction and the fish shut off at 10AM. Couldn't buy a bite. We kept ten nice ones and threw back 20-30 little ones. 20241010_204004.jpg

Back