The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sic all night no sleep, work allday couldn't warm up at all. then the same guy that dropped the last 046 out of the bucket did it again with the 20" branch right behind it. no fight in me today so i just walked away. i think i can save the saw.

That's enough out'a that ass-clown. . . Time it comes out'a his pay, or he hits the road.:mad2:

sic all night no sleep, work allday couldn't warm up at all. then the same guy that dropped the last 046 out of the bucket did it again with the 20" branch right behind it. no fight in me today so i just walked away. i think i can save the saw.View attachment 211821View attachment 211822View attachment 211823

Maybe you could attach that guy's saw to a lanyard...with the other end tied around his neck.

Edit....instead of putting the lanyard around his neck, pierce one of his earlobes and thread it through there.

Or maybe pierce one of his....oh, never mind.

Last edited:
sic all night no sleep, work allday couldn't warm up at all. then the same guy that dropped the last 046 out of the bucket did it again with the 20" branch right behind it. no fight in me today so i just walked away. i think i can save the saw.View attachment 211821View attachment 211822View attachment 211823

I'd make the guy pony up for that one or show him the road. If he is decent he would have offered that already anyway. Probably the first time.

It's two days until Christmas and we have NO SNOW! None at 5000 ft where I've been working. We need some snow-pack.

I've been falling behind a feller-buncher and from where I was up the hill the dust trails behind the logging trucks reminded me of summer.

We better get some winter. Soon.

Just got this yesterday. Maybe an inch or two. They are talking upper 30s low 40s for christmas day though.

attachment.php

View attachment 213032

Some EEEEEEDIOT (I think I know which one) had a sloppy-ass road graded in a monsoon-force rain this week. It's 2 feet deep and the texture of cottage cheese now. Before it was just some puddles. I can't believe the operator didn't walk that one up the chain of command. It's a mainline between two of my sales. I crabbed my truck out of there with the throttle pinned in 4-Lo; didn't dare let off the gas or I'd just sink. Sideways for a couple hundred yards. The grader tracks at the end were fresh enough that it couldn't have been more than 24 hours since it'd been through there.

What a sense of humor...rain all day & night then 40mph gusts. At least it didn't blow all night.

Had to have the rear end of the carry-all rebuilt yesterday and a damn fine cutting partner is leaving for the oil fields next week. Doesn't seem worth it some days.

Last edited:
Dropped just another poplar, decent enough, brushed through on hickory on its way down. That one sprung back and hit another which was enough to dislodge a 3" by 15' old locust limb hung in there and it dropped right down on my saw where I had set it during my escape route and popped off the air filter breaking off the flange and the cutoff switch.

yeah waited till Saturday, installed a hefty ding in the hardhat, I think I had a little brain swelling last night put me in bed before the new year!

Jesus Hammer, hope you're all right and things keep farther away from you and your stuff. It seems like that kind of #### goes in spurts though. Take care man and happy new year!

I would like to go skiing tomorrow, but here is the forecast. The top of the hill is 6200 feet in elevation.

Cloudy with a chance of rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. Snow level 6500 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures around 40. East wind in the passes around 10

Maybe go up, ski till miserable then go home?

Skiing in rain is fun. Years ago a friend got ahold of me at the bottom and said "you got to see this". Me says ok so we hit the lift 1/2 up I damn near fell out of it he had bought new bluejeans for the trip he had fallen on his azz slid give or take 200 yards on his tookis leaving a blue streak on the hill.

yeah ouch Hammer.

I'm finishing week two of the lung crud, with maybe another week of it to go.
Things are crap at work, staffing levels are at an all time low, so we are the working dead.
I've been going in on my days off to pick up the slack during peak activity times.
We are down to two uniforms and a civilian per shift, with 130+ inmates.

Got a little reality check this morning. Forgot about winter rules. Things like to shatter and explode instead of bend and break. Eight degrees this morning with wind chill below zero. ####ing branch dropped out of the sky and bent my front brim to my forehead just above my left eye. The whole mess was already on the ground when it happend and I was already walking back to the scene of the crime. Put the hat on a log and tapped er back with my axe. I still got a little egg from it and a headache as a reminder.

Here was the mess: Three elms in the ash. Everything went to the right, side hill because there was a steep drop off dead ahead that would have busted it right in the middle.

attachment.php

View attachment 214997

You fellas need to watch your top knots!! That's two in a row. . . Great, that probably means I'm next. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back