The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of which, that Larch by the powerline aint gonna climb itself and I'm afeared of heights so looks like it's your rodeo there Tex

Well, I did get the 038 Super all done up (it was the impulse line). . . So it needs to eat some fresh meat. :rock:

Well, I did get the 038 Super all done up (it was the impulse line). . . So it needs to eat some fresh meat. :rock:

Aww hell man, I was gonna get you that impulse line (eventually :redface: )

Don't forget, when you decide to go skyward remember, call me and I'ma go Scorsese on that ####

Not sure how you lose two axes in to days......but I did. Hopefully the hookers give them back instead of pawning them.

Not sure how you lose two axes in to days......but I did. Hopefully the hookers give them back instead of pawning them.

Dammit Sam! I told you a million times not to use camo duct tape for your handles :msp_biggrin:

You'll know what's up if you roll up to the landing and the chaser is practicing up for the axe throw

Do what Patty does, and paint them half pink and half purple, then cover them in My Little Pony stickers. . . Nobody will steal them. :laugh:

The first one I lost was one of the nice Stihl axes, bright orange handle. Cutting mistletoe fir, probably buried it pretty good. Also managed to peel my scabbard off sometime thereafter. Noticed that after we got to the pickup. Not time to go back, had to race up the road to the next unit. Go go go.

Do what Patty does, and paint them half pink and half purple, then cover them in My Little Pony stickers. . . Nobody will steal them. :laugh:

If Sam does that I want pictures! Might not be a bad idea though. Hell, I wouldn't even borrow an ax that looked like that. :msp_biggrin:

Hey Sam, don't feel bad. If I could go find all the wedges, axes, gypo jugs, screnches, thermos bottles, gloves, ear plugs, and other assorted expensive goodies that I've lost in the woods I could open up a logging supply store and retire in style.

I have heard of this topic, glad to find it.
I have a list from just today:
Mudd
Wind and rain
No work

It so dang easy to lose stuff in the woods, that you would think is pretty unmissable.

Bob just gave me an idea! I can buy a metal detector and cruise old logging sales and make my fortune in used gear!! :laugh:

It so dang easy to lose stuff in the woods, that you would think is pretty unmissable.

Bob just gave me an idea! I can buy a metal detector and cruise old logging sales and make my fortune in used gear!! :laugh:

If you do your searching down here and find anything with R.E.O. scratched on it I want it back!

Just some strange feeling twinges, and a major hurt in the wallet! I need some cheese with my whine.
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

If Sam does that I want pictures! Might not be a bad idea though. Hell, I wouldn't even borrow an ax that looked like that. :msp_biggrin:

Hey Sam, don't feel bad. If I could go find all the wedges, axes, gypo jugs, screnches, thermos bottles, gloves, ear plugs, and other assorted expensive goodies that I've lost in the woods I could open up a logging supply store and retire in style.

The yarder crews couldn't fall a tree if it wasn't for me dropping all my goodies in the brush for them......just doing my part. My cutting pard lost an Oregon RW bar that he'd packed in as backup the other week. Sawed right past it. Strip's been skidded and it never surfaced........that really sucks.

The yarder crews couldn't fall a tree if it wasn't for me dropping all my goodies in the brush for them......just doing my part. My cutting pard lost an Oregon RW bar that he'd packed in as backup the other week. Sawed right past it. Strip's been skidded and it never surfaced........that really sucks.

That sucks big time. I would cry if I lost my reduced weight

That sucks Sam! I haven't lost anything on this one yet (if money doesn't count) and I'll be on to the next one friday. The last one I lost an axe, two screnchs, and busted two axe handles on two seperate axes on back to back days. The job before I lost my chain pouch that I keep on my belt with two chains and a decent camera. That was fun explaining when I got home. I tried to tell the wife it was buried in about 10' of brush back when the leaves were still on em. She insisted that it was still out there and we should look for it. Oh its still out there alright.

Latest posts

Back