The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, for all you would-be timber fallers who want to come out here and try this game...I made no wages for the day and all expenses incurred by me were mine to pay. It's just the way things work.

Maybe tomorrow the wind won't blow.

It's just the way things work, indeed. You have no control over the elements, yet you'll pay the bills.

The hardest part for me has always been keeping it to myself. I mean, you can get mighty angry, throw things and do some loud yelling. It just won't help a bit. It'll take your strength, but won't help.

No pay for me either today. Woke up with flu. Moderate fever. Normally I wouldn't care, hard work will kill the viruses, but it's a bit cool weather, -20F, this morning. Not a good idea to bring a flu out there.

At least I didn't have to drive into the woods to figure it out. I stayed in bed.

No, Randy, not really. The elements have been gracious to me. Besides, I should know the focal vocabulary by heart. You see, from the bottom of heart, off the chest...

I have found that you can learn a great deal about a culture by it's invective and how it is used.
I do find it odd that certain phrases are in current use on our television, that not long ago, would have caused deadly force to be used.
So, Sam, you going out to thin the hittolainen.

I went out to pick up the little lad from school. Although it's getting a bit warmer, it didn't feel right. I'll just stay inside for the rest of the day.

The foreign friends of ours have been shocked finding out that I am teaching the profanities to my little boy. And that I am, as a responsible father, actually expected and encouraged to do so. Well, you never ever hear him talking in a vulgar way...

Yeah, that roundish yellow thing in the sky in the light.I like it.

I do not like sunburn

Using profanity can be a motivator. There are times when one must get pumped to get er done.

It is the part after where it hurts alot i don't like...kinda like sunburn.

I am trying to decipher the ski report for today. The problem? What are breezy conditions? Ski areas are quite good at understatement. Breezy conditions might mean 40 mph winds. It is hard to say. I am supposed to return today. The reasons I retired are feeling abused as are the knees. I'll swallow some Vitamin I and give it a go. The yellow orb, that is rarely seen this time of year, looks like it will make another appearance.

We stopped in for a beer on the way down the hill, but the workers were dancing on the tables and told us we would have to chug it down in 10 minutes because the ski patrol would be along then to shoo us on down the hill. :( So we had to go on down.

i know this is the whining tread but i'll take this nice weather, about 60f perfect working weather.

Yesterday was a pretty nice day. The sun was out, blue sky all around and the morning frost didnt stay for long. We finished up our unit about 4pm as well. So all was good. Time to start cutting on nice steep ground. Madrone all around.

We have a hefty East Wind blowing. I'll look at the pass condition report. Sometimes, you can put their report together with the ski report, and come up with what really is going on. However, the way it looks here, I don't think the chairlift ride will be pleasant like it was yesterday.

Time to whine. Have had the flu all week :( Worked Tuesday, which was a mistake and now I am paying for it. Takin four ibuprofin every four hours, in between bouts of horrible body aches, chills and cold sweats. Have not been this sick for a long time, and hopin I am better by Monday when I have to start a very big job. There, my whining is done, have a nice day everyone :)

Time to whine. Have had the flu all week :( Worked Tuesday, which was a mistake and now I am paying for it. Takin four ibuprofin every four hours, in between bouts of horrible body aches, chills and cold sweats. Have not been this sick for a long time, and hopin I am better by Monday when I have to start a very big job. There, my whining is done, have a nice day everyone :)

a few blasts of brown likker will have that fever packin down the road

a few blasts of brown likker will have that fever packin down the road

Been there, done that pard. When you get the flu on a logging camp in Alaska, all the old mossbacks come out with their "concoctions", which, the main ingredient is always whiskey. A good recipe for a long, miserable time...

I was kinda hoping you'd be feelin' better today. :(

Lounge around all day and crank the wood stove up! Drink that damn Emergen-C!! :msp_sneaky:

Back