Vp gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not synthetic fuel...... it's not even really special. It's just more expensive and not needed for daily use.
Whatever you say... All I use and all I will EVER use. Synthetic or not is irrevelant to me. It works, has excellent shelf life and my saws run well on it. Far as cost, I don't care and I can well afford it. In my case it a requirement. You may be different and on that score, don't care either. I'm the captain of my ship, just like you pilot yours.

Whatever you say... All I use and all I will EVER use. Synthetic or not is irrevelant to me. It works, has excellent shelf life and my saws run well on it. Far as cost, I don't care and I can well afford it. In my case it a requirement. You may be different and on that score, don't care either. I'm the captain of my ship, just like you pilot yours.
Nice to know you're not concerned with accurate descriptions, or when to use a certain product or not.

All that concerns me is it works well for my application. If I had to be concerned with every little nuance, my shop would be bankrupt.
Thats great, just state it accurately, and your use type. Ffs I went through 25+ gallons of mix this year, only time any of the equipment is going to see canned fuel is the stuff going into storage over winter.

Not germane to what I require and I'm not into the technicalities of canned fuel and it's chemical attributes anyway. read on here somewhere that it's an alkyd or something so that is what I posted. I might use 25 gallons in 2 years, maybe. My saws are for basically yard work around the farm. Nothing more. I got out of the for hire arborist business decades ago and have no desire to go back to it. All that is left of that is my 028 and the 2 shelf queens, the 090- and the 075 that are devoid of gas and oil and sit collecting dust from the shop.

Only reason I grind chains for my customers is I grind their chipper knives and that is more of a make work thing for me anyway, plus it's cost effective for them in today's inflated market where everything is costing more but their customers always want to pay less.

The main impetus of the shop is short run machining and die repair and fabrication and welding and the welding and fab is mostly on articulated bucket loaders but we take on anything we are capable of and can do a first class job on.

I'm into the technical aspects of precision machining and exotic welding, not what fuel I fuel my saws with. If it works, don't turn to gum in the carbs from sitting for a protracted amount of time (and the do sit way more than a month or 2 without use)., I'm good with it and I use Red Armor 50-1 because my farm tractor dealer is an Echo dealer and I buy the fuel from him and of course it's sales tax free, as a farm related expense, just like the diesel I buy as well as everything else. I don't want to give the government anymore than I have to.

Have a nice day... I'm outta here, I have crops waiting to be harvested..

I use it and love it in all my saws and blowers. Interesting to me is that their pump gas also seems better. I used to fill up the mower cans at Quick Check. Even with an appropriate dose of Star-Tron, I'd have water in fuel issues as the season progressed. Then we moved and the closest station is a VP Racing station. Since only filling the mower cans there with the same dose of Star-Tron, no more water issues. I have not had to drain a carb bowl in a couple years at least. Last time I filled the cans I almost brought them to fill at a QC on my way home from work. Then I said you know, I've been having great luck with the VP gas so let me stick with that.

Latest posts

Back