whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattfr12;395473 On a final not I'm sure they are a good truck just looking for a better understanding of what you guys do with them. Bid jobs or actually use them to move equipment. I would love to be able to get away with a smaller pickup 6 tires on everything i have is a pain in the ass. If you guys are just running around in them you should get a hybrid said:
Everything,, yup,
Jeff :)

DIYers

Twice this month with HO's strapping ladders to trees and then calling me to finish the tree and today to finish the cut that was 1/3 thru at 25'. Fridays HO just wanted me to tell him it way OK with his rigging and ladder tied up etc.
Crazy crazy crazy :bang: .:msp_confused:

Twice this month with HO's strapping ladders to trees and then calling me to finish the tree and today to finish the cut that was 1/3 thru at 25'. Fridays HO just wanted me to tell him it way OK with his rigging and ladder tied up etc.
Crazy crazy crazy :bang: .:msp_confused:

The worst I had to deal with after Sandy was retreive a stuck saw. I gotta say if the guy had made it through the widow maker he was cutting I think he would have lived up to its name. I saved his 190 Stihl but I probably shouldn't have.

I had the Vermeer dealer bring a 60 hp diesel track driven grinder to demo on a fairly large oak stump. It did in 15 minutes what my 30 yr old 665 wisconsin would take 45 minutes to do. Now I gotta convince the wife that I HAVE TO HAVE THAT :)

I had the Vermeer dealer bring a 60 hp diesel track driven grinder to demo on a fairly large oak stump. It did in 15 minutes what my 30 yr old 665 wisconsin would take 45 minutes to do. Now I gotta convince the wife that I HAVE TO HAVE THAT :)[/QUOTE

try out the new bandits, i was very impressed, we have two TX60's, I think our next grinder will be a bandit

I would love 85hp tracks and a remote. Then all I need is a lawnchair with an umbrella to keep the heat off my head and I'm ready for retirement lol. And don't forget the cup holder for a bit of sweet tea.

yesturday was a bear of a day.

attachment.php

Finishing what was supposed to be a three day job today. There's probably only a couple hours of cutting wood and tractor winching left. We killed that ####er!!

I'm kinda ready for the winter dead spell. Gotta do a little more firewood, get paid from everything, and I'm good. Where's my new truck already, that car is killing me!! Had to come to my senses and let the supercharger idea go. Sucks gettin' old!! :msp_sneaky:

Have a good day.. you bunch of ####ing pussies!!

Hey beans, glad everything is going good. I was thinking of ya last week, I was watching karate kid and checking out the trees and stuff. Did you buy a house already?

Man,dont get me started on the housing thing, I live dead smack in the middle of the hood, fur now, get our house on the 1st, renting, getting the ball rolling on one of these short sale deals and that may take a year, so we found a pretty sweet house close to work. This place I am at right now, is so bad,that I carry to take out my garbage...........no joke.

Yeah,work is good, working alot of hours to get the place "back on the reservation" Jeff has been a big help with his contacts. Lots of things jacked up. But my guys are awesome, they have been starved of gear, new tricks, and most importantly, leadership. So they have been real receptive to the changes I made. My GF is a BCMA, he is cut from the same cloth as us, but I think he has missed out on alot of industry hat tricks by working for the machine, so, as I have started to show him the private sector ways.

Nothing better than them walking into the office and seeing a pile of Stihl boxes! How is the weather back home, any snow yet? 50's in the am here, burrrrrr!

Man,dont get me started on the housing thing, I live dead smack in the middle of the hood, fur now, get our house on the 1st, renting, getting the ball rolling on one of these short sale deals and that may take a year, so we found a pretty sweet house close to work. This place I am at right now, is so bad,that I carry to take out my garbage...........no joke.

Yeah,work is good, working alot of hours to get the place "back on the reservation" Jeff has been a big help with his contacts. Lots of things jacked up. But my guys are awesome, they have been starved of gear, new tricks, and most importantly, leadership. So they have been real receptive to the changes I made. My GF is a BCMA, he is cut from the same cloth as us, but I think he has missed out on alot of industry hat tricks by working for the machine, so, as I have started to show him the private sector ways.

Nothing better than them walking into the office and seeing a pile of Stihl boxes! How is the weather back home, any snow yet? 50's in the am here, burrrrrr!

It snowed a little a couple weeks ago but didnt stick around. The last few weeks its been in the upper 50's and sunny, nice working weather for the time of year.

Power to weight, baby!! Wanna go for pinks??

Took out that tree growing out of the deck yesterday. At least a six hour climb, super technical, super tight spot. Haven't done that in a while. I have to say, I still got it.. maybe not in my 20's anymore, but I still got it. I'm just a little slower, and more grumbly and deliberate about things, is all. Lol. I guess the guy's got to get even for me ditching on them to go #### off the other day.

I will :)you bring a chain and I'll show you what they meant by ford tough! hahahaha we can chain them together and the winner can drag his prize home lol :cheers:

003-6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back