whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got in my six days at the horsey farm finally. Thank God that's over with. Got sick off dodging rain and threatening mudd.

All and all it was a pretty sweet job though. no real stress, and I got to play with all the toys extensively. Amazing the work I can get done for my customers nowadays, compared to when I started off with just the truck and chipper! $200 an hour to play with toys...that's what makes it all worth it!

newreply.php

Not trying to sound like a farmer, ya know always complaining about the weather an all, but damn! When it is not raining, its windy as hell. Have a removal today over a house, little bittie LZ, right next to an open corn field. Its gusting to 30 here in town, can only imagine what I will have out there.
I hate spring, when it is summer, nice and warm and calm, I will be complaining about the heat!

Makes no dif what you want...it's here. Killed millions of trees just A couple of hours north of here. Just happens I can't do anything to stop it other than shooting pesticides in a few of em but I am ready willing and able to cash in on them better than others around here when the inevitable death comes.

You got any ideas?

You never took a bad tree down 101?
It just seems a little out of character for you thats all ... Sure we take down dead trees and living trees , but we preserve just as many , theres always a balance ... I would rather not see total species gone , and the ash bore has the potential to permanently change landscapes , all those tree lined streets are now stark I mean theres ash trees all over around here , I honestly hope that I skips here I will do what needs to be done but I would just as soon not wish for it ..

It just seems a little out of character for you thats all ... Sure we take down dead trees and living trees , but we preserve just as many , theres always a balance ... I would rather not see total species gone , and the ash bore has the potential to permanently change landscapes , all those tree lined streets are now stark I mean theres ash trees all over around here , I honestly hope that I skips here I will do what needs to be done but I would just as soon not wish for it ..

Ash trees have been weak as hell forever around here... almost seems fitting that something finishes them things off..

Bugs gotta live too!

What would you expect from a guy that admits to applying bug juice in the rain? Thats the equivilent of rippin off old ladies in my book. Douche. He's all about the$, like all the other #### talkers on here that dont have it in the blood.

All I was saying is that it was outta character for him to be waiting , thats all , and in no way bashing how he makes a living , but a man with his capabilties should entertain the long term affect of removing 100 of thousands of trees in a relative short amount of time , sure the money will trump , but down the road there will alot less maintenance of lost trees , I believe that being a good tree man means possibly visiting a property over and over customers are a long term investment for me ..

Ash trees have been weak as hell forever around here... almost seems fitting that something finishes them things off..

Stop .. Thats like saying lets whack out all the white pine , there are trees that are problematic like the bradford pear but nice ones are still nice trees , I enjoy a mature landscape and even though I make a hell of lot more money trimming them to the ground I can't justify making removals all that I do .... And I am sure you wouldn't either or maybe I am wrong about that as well ..

You got me wrong. I have spent thousands of hours over the years studying trees for absolutely no profit. I did not wish it to come here but it IS here and nothing you gonna do to change that.

I am not that big on fouling the environment with pesticides either but am treating trees people cannot bear to lose. But they will have to treat every year for the life of the tree to keep them. Maybe a better choice to rid themselves of the tree?

Anyway, ash trees will have to be treated, removed and replaced. I am very qualified and licensed (pesticides) to do what it takes and I deserve to be fairly compensated for whatever. This is money harvesting season for me and all the experience, equipment and knowledge I have accumulated over the years earns it. No reason to feel bad about that.

You got me wrong. I have spent thousands of hours over the years studying trees for absolutely no profit. I did not wish it to come here but it IS here and nothing you gonna do to change that.

I am not that big on fouling the environment with pesticides either but am treating trees people cannot bear to lose. But they will have to treat every year for the life of the tree to keep them. Maybe a better choice to rid themselves of the tree?

Anyway, ash trees will have to be treated, removed and replaced. I am very qualified and licensed (pesticides) to do what it takes and I deserve to be fairly compensated for whatever. This is money harvesting season for me and all the experience, equipment and knowledge I have accumulated over the years earns it. No reason to feel bad about that.

I agree and when you put it like that you don't sound like a butcher like like the big green a machine I am sure you know who I am referring too , honestly that post kinda bothered me alittle I dunno why but I am feel strongly about the thought of guys "TAKING" from trees and not offering anything back , there are tree companies around here who call me a "treehugger" and I have had it said to my face , I bid against guys that as soon as they see a dead hanger in a tree than the entire trees a hazard , it just seems that there are some expert "TAKE DOWN ARTIST" anymore and half of them don't even know what the tree is there taking down , sorry I meant no offense

Lol maybe we all need to be non profit lol:cheers: Spray ,cut do what you do Vet but most importantly make a profit you can't help anyone broke!

I actually talked a buddy of mine into saving the little white pine in line with the boom here. He wanted to cut it down, as he's gotta get a cement mixer under it for the shop that's getting put on his house. I talked him into shaping it some, so the ice wouldn't get it, and lifting it a bit. said why would you wanna stare at your neighbor's house??

So I'm not all evil! :angel:

newreply.php

Lol maybe we all need to be non profit lol:cheers: Spray ,cut do what you do Vet but most importantly make a profit you can't help anyone broke!

I wasn't saying that at all ... Everyones gotta eat I know that ... WTF can't anyone ever say something as a true feeling or emotion without hearing some ####ing ######## about it .... All I was saying is that it is out of character and I don't pass judgement on him at all maybe I shoulda PM'd what I thought to him ... man thats great now I am ###### off ....

I actually talked a buddy of mine into saving the little white pine in line with the boom here. He wanted to cut it down, as he's gotta get a cement mixer under it for the shop that's getting put on his house. I talked him into shaping it some, so the ice wouldn't get it, and lifting it a bit. said why would you wanna stare at your neighbor's house??

So I'm not all evil! :angel:

newreply.php
I sure so like that truck man , its just cool , I can only see a little of the pine though ...

I sure so like that truck man , its just cool , I can only see a little of the pine though ...

Thanks. I love that ####ing truck! Just an all around money maker.. and taker too.. but that's okay.

You ever have to work on the upper controls of your LR III yet 101? My lower boom fold is getting jammed stuck. I figured it was the detent. I thought I had the rebuild kit, but it turned out was for the tool circuit.

Thanks. I love that ####ing truck! Just an all around money maker.. and taker too.. but that's okay.

You ever have to work on the upper controls of your LR III yet 101? My lower boom fold is getting jammed stuck. I figured it was the detent. I thought I had the rebuild kit, but it turned out was for the tool circuit.

There are positioning plates on mine that broke making the control a limp #### but the Altec man told me that valve assembly is almost 1900.00 to buy , I hope that I never have that peoblem , I have had my worked on for the the lower controls , it wasn't opening completely and it kept blowing a line inside the boom because of pressue buildup

Just be happy you don't have the Lr5 they are truly a hastle , the 3 is the best ...

There are positioning plates on mine that broke making the control a limp #### but the Altec man told me that valve assembly is almost 1900.00 to buy , I hope that I never have that peoblem , I have had my worked on for the the lower controls , it wasn't opening completely and it kept blowing a line inside the boom because of pressue buildup

$1900 for the valve body.. Yikes!

If that's the case, I think it'll just be cheaper to fly over to Schmidy's and swipe one off something in the yard! lol.

$1900 for the valve body.. Yikes!

If that's the case, I think it'll just be cheaper to fly over to Schmidy's and swipe one off something in the yard! lol.

Thats what I was told , its a little scary .. My buddy has the 5 and they had to cut off the back of his boom and replace it all to replace the shim that keeps the bucket landing straight in the cradle and obviously so it doesn't move like a fishing pole in the air .. that little repair was almost 10K ....

If i could find someone to give me 17K for mine with the brand new engine I would go buy one those 4x4's in a heartbeat

Seems like they gotta be getting harder to find, no? I've seen some at SM's, but they don't look as short, or well put together. My truck was put together by Monroe Truck out of WI. They make armored cars and #### like that too. :) I hear you though, makes a good truck. I can't even imagine what it would be like to own a two-wheel now! The height is plenty off the back too - especially sinse I can climb too if need be.

Seems like they gotta be getting harder to find, no? I've seen some at SM's, but they don't look as short, or well put together. My truck was put together by Monroe Truck out of WI. They make armored cars and #### like that too. :) I hear you though, makes a good truck. I can't even imagine what it would be like to own a two-wheel now! The height is plenty off the back too - especially sinse I can climb too if need be.

I would probably never use the 4x4 and would hate how much gas it would drink but damn they just look cool ... I would even buy one with the AG tires on it , just so I could get out of a monster truck at the coffee shop lol ... I am not really looking for a bucket though selling a truck that has treated me well is just dumb ...It just something that I have always wanted , i am like a child with cool trucks I collect them just to have ...

Latest posts

Back