whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was LIVE OAK day here in nor cal. Home owner said it had a 4 ft. trunk, so I brought the 660 with 42" bar...Oh well, it was 34" at the fork...

YouTube - Stihl MS660 live oak

Home owner said it will only take 2 cuts and it should roll over to the right and be on the ground....ya right!! it would hit the roof of his barn if I did what he said...nope, I used pull saw and rigged it , lowerd those branches down. Branches were about 16" round.

Used the MS261 for the branches..440 for quartering the rounds, 660 for the trunk .......got 2+ cords out of it.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1157-1.jpg

two cuts and a d9 cat lol

It was LIVE OAK day here in nor cal. Home owner said it had a 4 ft. trunk, so I brought the 660 with 42" bar...Oh well, it was 34" at the fork...

Home owner said it will only take 2 cuts and it should roll over to the right and be on the ground....ya right!! it would hit the roof of his barn if I did what he said...nope, I used pull saw and rigged it , lowerd those branches down. Branches were about 16" round.

Used the MS261 for the branches..440 for quartering the rounds, 660 for the trunk .......got 2+ cords out of it.

nice picts woodsman

Did brunch with a chemical co salesman, I think it went well. Met with a new crane co rep, because I just couldn't deal with the last one. We all went to look at 2 tulip removals. The rep said that because of the distance from the crane, and access it's not fiesable. He recommended calling in a helicopter, might look into it next week.

Met with a friend of mine to organize a planting job. Got new tires for the chip truck, and hit the Hillbilly Mecca (Tractor Supply) for some minor odds and ends.

We took delivery and paid for $8,500 worth of trees this morning and gonna start planting on Sat. Gonna demo the 30" Dingo earth auger attachment. $3700. If that don't work we gonna dig em with the small stump grinder like we have in the past. Quite a few roots in the way. We cleared the site last week.

After deliver we took an elm uprooted and stuck in another tree elsewhere, removed a big Ch. Elm and an ash that was covered with eab holes.

It is money time and soon will be harvesting ash all over when the bug does his duty. Crano, bc2000, teco, dingo, etc, all drooling for the big bucks. Ain't nobody got the set up we got, even the big co's. ooohrah

LOL, or mabey a helicopter...lol...man those branches were heavy, they would swing like a battering ram:eek2:

I have bid a few helicopter td's but haven't got em. Gotta be a dicey situation when you make detach cut and gotta count on a floating thing that don't even look like it should fly, to get the piece upward so it don't squash you like a stepped on roach on the floor.

We have had em aerial spray woods for gypsy moth before and it worked and paid great.

I have bid a few helicopter td's but haven't got em. Gotta be a dicey situation when you make detach cut and gotta count on a floating thing that don't even look like it should fly, to get the piece upward so it don't squash you like a stepped on roach on the floor.

We have had em aerial spray woods for gypsy moth before and it worked and paid great.

I have one needs copter only way to get it out of lake lol:cheers: If they wanna pay I will find a crazy piolet only have to tote it a mile to my farm! I think if I would of been set up with a good copter I could of sold 2 mill quick lol:)

They are (2) tulip trees, maybe close to 100' tall each, roughly 30" diameter. They have to go about 140' to the road via 90 uneven stairs.

Working on a big white oak, over 11 lines,to 4 buildings, cant drop them due to old people with machines. Whittling away at it, roping small, between the lines, then the winds starts kicking real bad. Rough, long day!

Took down 3 Spruce between a phone line and a house. Limb em' up, top em' out, chunk logs down. 2 were 60' to 70' with broken out tops and the one was 95' straight and true and must have been in the 40" class.

Gave away some nice logs and camp firewood. 460 Western with a 28" bar chunking down 10' logs always pumps me up. Spinning almost every limb on the west side of the big spruce off the phone line does too. Sailing out a big top can't really be beat either. It was just a classic tree day.:msp_biggrin:

Almost forgot, registered my bucket truck so she's ready to hit the streets, I'm just not sure the streets are ready for her, lol.

We took delivery and paid for $8,500 worth of trees this morning and gonna start planting on Sat. Gonna demo the 30" Dingo earth auger attachment. $3700. If that don't work we gonna dig em with the small stump grinder like we have in the past. Quite a few roots in the way. We cleared the site last week.

After deliver we took an elm uprooted and stuck in another tree elsewhere, removed a big Ch. Elm and an ash that was covered with eab holes.

It is money time and soon will be harvesting ash all over when the bug does his duty. Crano, bc2000, teco, dingo, etc, all drooling for the big bucks. Ain't nobody got the set up we got, even the big co's. ooohrah

You want the bug to come TV , that doesn't sound like something that a man that I have grown respect for would say , wiping out total species of trees leaves nothing for our following generations to have and enjoy , I understand that times are tough but do you really want to become like the Tree "MONSTERS " I dunno .... Makes me wonder ...

You want the bug to come TV , that doesn't sound like something that a man that I have grown respect for would say , wiping out total species of trees leaves nothing for our following generations to have and enjoy , I understand that times are tough but do you really want to become like the Tree "MONSTERS " I dunno .... Makes me wonder ...

Makes no dif what you want...it's here. Killed millions of trees just A couple of hours north of here. Just happens I can't do anything to stop it other than shooting pesticides in a few of em but I am ready willing and able to cash in on them better than others around here when the inevitable death comes.

You got any ideas?

You never took a bad tree down 101?

Banged out four jobs with ten tree average I hauled five heaping and packed grapple loads. I am glad it did not sell wife will be too when the checks all materialize lol. I don't wish for tornados at all but I am going to make hay while the sun shines! I only wish I would of had better advertising but I can't complain at all, its the first time I feel like a full time tree service! I do feel very sorry for the unfortunate victims of which I was almost one of them. I feel I might stay busier this whole summer because the construction crowd may start going back to their trade!

Last year I priced a removal for 7K for a new client. He cheaped out and got somebody else for 4K, (6 guys took 4 days) fired me from the account. Last night he sent me an e-mail asking me to come back. Go there this morning to meet with him and his wife. Please go over the entire property, give an analysis... meanwhile they don't know ash from hemlock. Please give a price and schedule for spray program. Ok. Can you please spray all the trees today? Nope. Tomorrow? Nope. Gonna try to go this coming week to walk it. Problem is they want me to call every time before I go there to work or look at something. Don't think this will last long.

Finished off a pruning job that we did the other day... back up this one beech tree for a few branches. I wasn't happy with the results, and neither was the homeowner.

Banged out a couple easy birch trees for a good client, and looked at some other work for a friend. "Nice" job... just hammer it to the ground and chip the brush, 2 days for 2 guys. No clean-up other than chip the brush.

What would you expect from a guy that admits to applying bug juice in the rain? Thats the equivilent of rippin off old ladies in my book. Douche. He's all about the$, like all the other #### talkers on here that dont have it in the blood.

Last year I priced a removal for 7K for a new client. He cheaped out and got somebody else for 4K, (6 guys took 4 days) fired me from the account. Last night he sent me an e-mail asking me to come back. Go there this morning to meet with him and his wife. Please go over the entire property, give an analysis... meanwhile they don't know ash from hemlock. Please give a price and schedule for spray program. Ok. Can you please spray all the trees today? Nope. Tomorrow? Nope. Gonna try to go this coming week to walk it. Problem is they want me to call every time before I go there to work or look at something. Don't think this will last long.

Finished off a pruning job that we did the other day... back up this one beech tree for a few branches. I wasn't happy with the results, and neither was the homeowner.

Banged out a couple easy birch trees for a good client, and looked at some other work for a friend. "Nice" job... just hammer it to the ground and chip the brush, 2 days for 2 guys. No clean-up other than chip the brush.

Walk away . theres better things to do than have your chain jerked by some J OFF ...

Banged out four jobs with ten tree average I hauled five heaping and packed grapple loads. I am glad it did not sell wife will be too when the checks all materialize lol. I don't wish for tornados at all but I am going to make hay while the sun shines! I only wish I would of had better advertising but I can't complain at all, its the first time I feel like a full time tree service! I do feel very sorry for the unfortunate victims of which I was almost one of them. I feel I might stay busier this whole summer because the construction crowd may start going back to their trade!

I dont wish bad luck on any one, but rope, you needed that, and luckily you got it. Go get em'! I pray for you. Have been, and was before.

What would you expect from a guy that admits to applying bug juice in the rain? Thats the equivilent of rippin off old ladies in my book. Douche. He's all about the$, like all the other #### talkers on here that dont have it in the blood.

Wow, a guy that brags that he climbs when he is drunk giving advice on tree treatments. How is the tree gonna uptake without water stupid?

Is that your fag picture in your gay avatar? You look like you are about 17 years old. With the big mouth you got I could see that gay shirt with lines of blood staining the front of it. Your mom would have trouble getting the stains out of it.

Wake up and get drunk so you can make some more stupid posts or drink the balls to climb a tree PrenTITS. Liquid courage lol.

Wow, a guy that brags that he climbs when he is drunk giving advice on tree treatments. How is the tree gonna uptake without water stupid?

Is that your fag picture in your gay avatar? You look like you are about 17 years old. With the big mouth you got I could see that gay shirt with lines of blood staining the front of it. Your mom would have trouble getting the stains out of it.

Wake up and get drunk so you can make some more stupid posts or drink the balls to climb a tree PrenTITS. Liquid courage lol.

Lol. :popcorn:

Back