whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cry me a river. then thank your self that you wernt under me. Did they at least give you a log cart? If they didnt, get your ass in the office and say, 'why are you doing this the hard way?' 'do you want me to make you money? or just die suffer for you?'

river is in flood stage sir, yea I got a log cart still sucked! I don't think it would have mattered if I was under you or the slowest climber on this site by the time I made it back from the first trip half the tree would have been on the ground either way. but I don't care, ya know why? because Ima have a fat check next week 3 9hr days in a row and monday and tuesday are looking promising to round out the pay period! I think we are finally getting calls plus we have a big river clearing project for the county, funny how we start it when everything is flooded:msp_confused:

Lol. Good one.

So you're going on your own eh... I can't wait for the pics of your setup! lol. So whatcha thinking, S-10 with load handler, and maybe rent one of them little baby vermeers to start? Hahaha..

Seriouslly a s10, I would never drive a chevy. Looking at a sweet dodge dakota and five horse briggs and stratton chipper. My set up for sidework is better then half the posters I read on this site.

Last edited:
Dude, I lower whole trees over houses. I make money cuts... I put them on the ground quick, fast and in a hurry, in the biggest pieces that will fit. I'm not climbing hourly for the man...

Ok tough guy, are you not the same guy who was taking tree wraps untill a few months ago. Glad the biz is going well enough to afford that hundred dollar porty.

plated whack-a-pine..two today, two tomorrow and a bunch of pruning...gotta new groundie for tomorow...if he works out, he's gonna be semi permanent..

got a box of new toys from sherrill...plaaayyy!:eek:uttahere2:

what new gadgets did you get

I generally go to ground level even with a 6' stump and cut from the opposite side of the fencing. When I get to the fence I use my schit saw/chain combo and cut til it can be pushed over. Then I put the stump in the bushes somewhere. Dingo will handle most 6' sections.

Nice avi! Stihl rules :rock:

Any idea where I can get an AV mount for my 090?

yeah that decal gets more talk with firewood jockey home owners than me being 80 foot in their tree!

i do know where you could get an AV mount for an 090... have an 090 parts saw at my shop. PM me and we can work something out

Holden doing his usual hit and run....be back in a week. He told me this is his response....:msp_tongue:

YouTube - ‪THE HONEYMOONERS - RALPH KRAMDEN SAYS HARDEE HAR HAR‬‏

You old dinosaur, I wasnt even born when that show was on. You should be pushing a shuffle puck on a cruise ship, not doing tree work. You are the biggest **** talker on the forum, aside from myself I love it Gotta admit I respect any guy who drops big spars in shorts and a sun hat. Who does that, only the tree vet. Have a good weekend gramps.

Last edited:
Ok tough guy, are you not the same guy who was taking tree wraps untill a few months ago. Glad the biz is going well enough to afford that hundred dollar porty.

LOL, nothing about being a tough guy, it's just the reality of the work I do. I am in Alabama doing storm damage... There are 2000 pound tops blown out and hanging in other trees over houses. How you gonna lower them with two wraps on a porty???

And as for the porty, I'm old school and have never claimed to be anything else. Hard to teach someone how to use one when you're always in the tree.

Sometimes I laugh so hard at your elementary ass... I have probably been hanging tops since you were ####ting yellow...

The tree in the foreground of this pic was uprooted and hung up in another tree over a 2 mil dollar home. I cut it from the ground, hung it out of the tree I took the pic from and lowered the whole tree (110', 30 DBH Pine) from over the house... Without a porty which would not have stood up to those forces... Do a lot of storm damage do ya rocket surgeon???

Photo396.jpg

LOL, nothing about being a tough guy, it's just the reality of the work I do. I am in Alabama doing storm damage... There are 2000 pound tops blown out and hanging in other trees over houses. How you gonna lower them with two wraps on a porty???

And as for the porty, I'm old school and have never claimed to be anything else. Hard to teach someone how to use one when you're always in the tree.

Sometimes I laugh so hard at your elementary ass... I have probably been hanging tops since you were ####ting yellow...

The tree in the foreground of this pic was uprooted and hung up in another tree over a 2 mil dollar home. I cut it from the ground, hung it out of the tree I took the pic from and lowered the whole tree (110', 30 DBH Pine) from over the house... Without a porty which would not have stood up to those forces... Do a lot of storm damage do ya rocket surgeon???

Photo396.jpg

Glad you were able to handle that dilemma, what if you were to damage that roof. Sorry dude nothing shocking there. Just beacuse you have been doing something for years doesnt mean its right. Step back, time for the next generation old schooler.

Well come on young school, it's right here waiting for you... The show is right here anytime you get the gumption to get out from whoever's wing you are under and want to give the real show a try on your own. What's holding you back Mr. Holding Wood??? You talk a lot of ####, lets see you put you money where your mouth is. Instead of working for someone else and telling all of us "old schoolers" (who have been doing it for years on our own) how it's done, come show us... Nothing but air and opportunity up here... :yoyo:

Well come on young school, it's right here waiting for you... The show is right here anytime you get the gumption to get out from whoever's wing you are under and want to give the real show a try on your own. What's holding you back Mr. Holding Wood??? You talk a lot of ####, lets see you put you money where your mouth is. Instead of working for someone else and telling all of us "old schoolers" (who have been doing it for years on our own) how it's done, come show us... Nothing but air and opportunity up here... :yoyo:

You wont budge him from Davy, he could not handle real deadlines lol:) Hard headed young whippersnapper though. Reminds me of someone i knew thirty years ago when I climbed at the big o:)

You old dinosaur, I wasnt even born when that show was on. You should be pushing a shuffle puck on a cruise ship, not doing tree work. You are the biggest **** talker on the forum, aside from myself I love it Gotta admit I respect any guy who drops big spars in shorts and a sun hat. Who does that, only the tree vet. Have a good weekend gramps.

Like everyone else here, I would love to see some picts or vids of your work. I think you are a wanna be kiss ascs employee that don't have the balls to go it on your own. How old are you anyway?

As for age, I am old in climbers terms, but I bet I could out lift (weights), out run (distance), outwork and out climb your measly blowhard tiny dich ascs on my worst day with pneumonia. When you never stop, the age thing just doesn't catch up to you or I just got good genes. The most in shape thing on you is your mouth from flapping your gums and then disappearing. Post some picts up here holdendich.

:check:

river is in flood stage sir, yea I got a log cart still sucked! I don't think it would have mattered if I was under you or the slowest climber on this site by the time I made it back from the first trip half the tree would have been on the ground either way. but I don't care, ya know why? because Ima have a fat check next week 3 9hr days in a row and monday and tuesday are looking promising to round out the pay period! I think we are finally getting calls plus we have a big river clearing project for the county, funny how we start it when everything is flooded:msp_confused:

when I got into the game professinal style, I worked for a guy that would make you take logs half the size of a Volkswagon beetle, put em on the cart til the tires were flat from the weight, and drag it up and over stairs! GOD! PURE HELL!!!! To top it off, I was too young to know I was working for a retard. All we ever did was HUGE removals or land clearings for $1500 a day , while one ton hillbillies were doing 3K yard trims. Work smarter, not harder, words to live by.

if my guesstimate is correct, Ive pulled around 2 million pounds of wood over 30 miles on a log cart, not including wheelbarrow and carry idiots Ive worked for. Aint bad when its loaded right and your going downhill:msp_tongue:

Lmfao did you say chip:) H e l l n o

Well we don't brush load here so we have no choice , I removed one in OLD CITY a few years back in a really small backyard with a alley way that wasn't wide enough for a my shoulders to not rub the block walls on either side , I was sick for a week after that , I got a summer cold and was so congested that I had a cough and a sore throat for almost a month .... I actually charge extra for the hastle of dealing with sycamore ....

Well we don't brush load here so we have no choice , I removed one in OLD CITY a few years back in a really small backyard with a alley way that wasn't wide enough for a my shoulders to not rub the block walls on either side , I was sick for a week after that , I got a summer cold and was so congested that I had a cough and a sore throat for almost a month .... I actually charge extra for the hastle of dealing with sycamore ....

Allergy induced bronchitus.

Sycamore is the nastiest stuff to chip. Esp when the balls are dry and break open.

lol!!!!

who let wilford brimley onto your jobsite? hell if you gonna run an old age sweat shop least you can do is get the poor guy some ppe.

laughable. i can't take you serious as a legitimate tree guy. as soon as you get out of your truck you are not osha compliant.

shorts and a golf hat.... were you putting from the rough before you picked up the saw?

Latest posts

Back