whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to back the new chip ark down this long ass winding driveway today. That was quite the experience.. almost smashed the passenger side mirror on a hemlock. It's no one ton, that for sure! Fit everything in one load though!

I almost forgot how much fun it is training a new guy on the porty - while climbing. Kinda nice having the HO stare at it all from his chair on the deck, while sipping iced tea too! Bastard. Guy was very happy though.

Damn nail took out one of my razor sharp 372's too.. now I get to put on a crap new chain. :cry:
Lol your truck would be like a one ton compared with my mack but i put mine into tight areas all the time lol.
I dont worry myself with skwatches neither lol:cheers:

You will get used to it I got where i could back a truck like yours 5 mph with inches on each side and never ruffle a feather lol

Last edited:
Lol your truck would be like a one ton compared with my mack but i put mine into tight areas all the time lol.
I dont worry myself with skwatches neither lol:cheers:

You will get used to it I got where i could back a truck like yours 5 mph with inches on each side and never ruffle a feather lol

Yeah, don't want you getting any feathers ruffled! Lol.

95 to 100' hickory infested with honey bees today. Those things bite? I forget. The plan is to use window screen and these giant tie wraps I have to contain them, and rope the log down later for the beekeepers. Wish me luck. Crane would be ideal here.. I'll try and get pics.

95 to 100' hickory infested with honey bees today. Those things bite? I forget. The plan is to use window screen and these giant tie wraps I have to contain them, and rope the log down later for the beekeepers. Wish me luck. Crane would be ideal here.. I'll try and get pics.

Have fun with that one. lol Got a big ash td myself for today. Easy enough tree, half debating climbing it and blowing big leads out so the bucket isn't in the way but I did enough climbing this week. You can come get the wood if you want...

They don't bite.....they sting (poison). Doubt if you can form screen good enough to contain them but would love to see the vid lol.

Get a bee keeps suit and hat and tape up all yer cuffs. :alien2:

So we took off to go dump the bucket truck, get to sight and my guy goes to start the pony motor, breaks the key off inside the switch:dizzy:. Used the PTO to dump, then back to shop. I was debating going ahead and doing the job I had planned for that day, but decided that I need to get the switch fixed and not run the truck off the PTO. I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about doing it. Do any of you work off the PTO on a truck set up for a pony? Kinda looked at it from the point of view, that ya don't drive to cali on a spare! We got back and I went on the wild goose hunt for a new switch. CarQuest had a universal that worked, but had different markings on the backside, so it took a while to get it wired right.

I have to say when did this thread become such a b@#$h fest?
Yesterday I did work with prentice110 and it was nice working with a guy who is always on the move. I would definitely work with Matt again. Matt like myself and I am sure others on this site would rather just cut it and not have to deal with all of the business stuff. That being said what I saw was a well thought out and pro business everything in writing and signed as to what work is to be done. The trees got done and on to the next.
I think some of the bickering going on in this thread is peoples lack of accepting others style.
Yes using a lawnmower is probably not going to be the most efficient AA but hay it gets done right? If a guy wants to do things "the hard way" then let him it's not like you are the one doing it, lay off. Now if they are doing something blatantly dangerous or something that goes against the standards and practices of our profession then bring it up. Maybe instead of bashing somebody why not try and help them be a better tree guy. :cheers:

Finally, a voice of reason...

I have to say when did this thread become such a b@#$h fest?... I think some of the bickering going on in this thread is peoples lack of accepting others style.
Yes using a lawnmower is probably not going to be the most efficient AA but hay it gets done right?... instead of bashing somebody why not try and help them be a better tree guy. :cheers:

Well said flushcut. I'm a tiny one man operation and I have survived and thrived by offering superior customer service and my reputation for doing so is expanding thus bringing me more work.

Angie's List reviews cannot be bought regardless of what LXT would like you to believe. If his attitude on the street is anything like it is here, it is a wonder he has any work at all, and I suspect he doesn't which is why he is able to post here at all times during the working day.

It is true that I started with just my saws and climbing gear, working out of a mini van, but my success in creating a long list of satisfied customers has allowed me to buy a dump truck, then a chipper and now the Steiner tractor.

I think it will meet my needs and increase my ability to deliver a quality product. Maybe next year I will be able to add a more capable material handling device, and when I do it will be from the extra profits the Steiner will bring me.

In any case this says it all:

5649961330_b5b22a5685.jpg

I don't give a Rat's Ass as to what the riffraff have to say here (unless it is slander and libel) It is my customer's opinion of my work that matters.

Now for me it is off to do some actual tree work, I'll leave the bickering to the deadwood of failed tree workers that infest this site.

AA...........the reason I have time to post here is cuz I am recovering from open heart surgery!!!!!!!!!! plain & not so simple..

yes things here have gotten to a school yard like display......you post & call me an idiot, want to meet me "eye to eye" & "toe to toe" along with other remarks & you threaten with a law suit??????

LMFAO.......... at this point I am lost for words....imagine that, I guess when you file this frivolous suit I`ll have to counter....like allegheny county hasnt got better things to do???

Dude you need to thicken your skin, you gonna file against everybody????? WOW!!!!! you bought a lawn mower & were ridiculed (picked on).........we all have went through that, if your purchase works for you..........GOOD!! thats all ya need!!

Good luck, be safe & stay healthy!!

LXT....................

Please quote what I said about Ropes grinder. Its driving me nuts. and if 'at home arborist' has a over priced POS thats his prob. , and I will blast on OD, I used to like his banter, but he went too far with that I wish you were dead ####. I'd kill to play with a crane all day every day, but its boring. Give that guy a rope and tell him to take one down manually, I'll bet he'd cry to momma, or look like a first year mexi climber. Garuntee you he wouldnt last working for me, few can. Any way, if you wanna know what I did today, ask Flushcut. and BTW, if you ever get the chance to work with him, I highly recomend it. A very true professinal in every way. It was a pleasure to have him with us today. Its nice to have an owner operator on the job that just works and doesnt gab or talk ####.

Prentice, Look....you posted about Oldirty & then jumped me for toying around with AA & then a comment bout ropes chipper not fitting through a such size gate.............Whatever!!!!!!

dont lose sleep over it, it just seemed like you were on the bad side of the day......Me Bad, I didnt mean to insinuate anything!!!

whats sad is how serious everyone takes things...............folks!!!! Im at a point where nothing on the web is serious to me, when your told you wouldnt make it to the end of the year.......It uh, kinda changes your thought process on what really matters in life......!

SOooooo to those who I have poked fun at, engaged in heated banter with & just plain out been an azz to.............
I APOLOGIZE............!!! but really...have fun, take it in stride, laugh at yourself sometimes, be safe, be healthy cause we will never be here again..............enjoy life!!

LXT..................

I think this thread and this section of the forum is a no bullschit zone. For beginners without a clue there is the 101 section. If someone wants to toss out a bs line like that pathetic Steiner machine for professional treework....then it is fair game to call them out on it. Small talk and back patting is for back stabbing accountants and such. If you got something to say and it is TRUE say it and don't sugar coat it....and move on. To go on and on about it may be in poor taste tho.

This guy is a novice who began his business in
'08 and has been a troll on another forum that I have been a witness to before. If he cannot mature and measure up to this level.....so be it....you get what you deserve.

hate to brake it to you buddy but i know you couldn't hang. you had your shot when you were out this way and got too scared to take it and then with the late night drunk dialing you proved you wouldn't have been able to if you tried. and the work we do isn't boring i promise you that.

why can no one work with you? well it's you got nothing going upstairs with the business end of the deal, no? who the hell wants to work for someone who doesn't even want to go get the work?

how were you going to get a truck to the jobsite anyway? you want me to come out there and drive that beatbox log truck you thinking of re buying while pulling the 665 sg you got?
Bull####. When I was out your way, YOUR BOSS never returned my calls, or , despite what you say, called back. and cranes all day? Boring. and as far as all the other nonsense you stated above, Im curious, have you started drinking again?

Got sent out on an emergency response, cleared a service drop, and ordered a book ive been wanting for a while but have been too cheap to buy( modern arboriculture)

Got sent out on an emergency response, cleared a service drop, and ordered a book ive been wanting for a while but have been too cheap to buy( modern arboriculture)

Great choice Mike. Shigo's the man regardless that he is no longer with us. I am currently reading "The Wild Trees" by Richard Preston, a New York Times Bestseller about the giant redwood country. Bout half way thru.

Man, I had to run my ass up up and down a steep hill with a 660, 36" bar all day today. Threw the chain twice (tree was under tension) and had to change out to a fresh one to finish cutting the trunk. That saw will work a man to death. Only had to climb one but I made a big impression. Folks taking pics and all... Then I went and collected some overdue money!!! :clap:

OK, it may be in poor taste but I have to tell this story... Just before I finished my job today the HO's wife pulls out and gives me the finger motion to come here... I walk up and she rolls down the window. So far I have seen her in her knock around shorts and baseball cap but today she is dressed to the 9's in a short, short black mini skirt and a tight fitting top... When I walk up she rolls down the window and asks me if I'm OK... I say yes and she then asks do you need anything... I say nope, I'm fine... Man' she was freaking HOT and showing out... I mean don't get me wrong I know all women like to show out a little and this is a referral from her dad so I'm not going to act stupid (not my style anyway) but #### like that just makes my day!!! :msp_tongue:

Well i ####ed around today. Put a starter on my chipper,ignition on my tractor and mowed my weeds. I worked yesterday on a large dead oak decided to leave my bucket parked and rode the wraptor lol! I am comptemplating leaving it parked all year lol:)

Man, I had to run my ass up up and down a steep hill with a 660, 36" bar all day today. Threw the chain twice (tree was under tension) and had to change out to a fresh one to finish cutting the trunk. That saw will work a man to death. Only had to climb one but I made a big impression. Folks taking pics and all... Then I went and collected some overdue money!!! :clap:

OK, it may be in poor taste but I have to tell this story... Just before I finished my job today the HO's wife pulls out and gives me the finger motion to come here... I walk up and she rolls down the window. So far I have seen her in her knock around shorts and baseball cap but today she is dressed to the 9's in a short, short black mini skirt and a tight fitting top... When I walk up she rolls down the window and asks me if I'm OK... I say yes and she then asks do you need anything... I say nope, I'm fine... Man' she was freaking HOT and showing out... I mean don't get me wrong I know all women like to show out a little and this is a referral from her dad so I'm not going to act stupid (not my style anyway) but #### like that just makes my day!!! :msp_tongue:

Well **** she wanted ya md lol:poke:

Went this morning to the sawmill to deal with a big hanger. Thought I was walking into a major nightmare before I got there after having spoken with a few people who had already seen the damage. Get over there, not bad at all... spent more time BS'ing than anything else.

Stopped for lunch at this "Italian American Diner" on the way to the second job... walk in with my guy, we're the only white people in there. Italian American my ass, that's a Mexican diner.

Talked with the my buddy who owns the sawmill, told him where I needed to go for the second job of the day, he gave me a good starting point, but man the GPS took me up this road and tells me to turn right up _____ I look at this alleged road and said "Here we go" said a little prayer and looked in the mirrors as the tires were spinning in the dirt. Luckily was able to turn around and get there a different way.

Found out later in the day that the lady who I picked up the fountain for last week doesn't like it. Kind of figured as much, didn't match anything on the house. I can only imagine what this has cost her so far.

Hey, sometimes even an old saddle bum gets lucky... :msp_tongue:

I have got 3 calls on jobs tonight... The work is never ending here...

Hacked at a biggish job some today, despite the fact that is is my anniversary...had dinner with wife and girlfriend...I cooked...

Gotta bid out about four thousand in work this week...gotta few hundred lined up...oughta be fun...

Latest posts

Back