whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to do nothing, I tried to do that yesterday, it didn't take. I ended up doing more harm than good, I was entirely pissed off by 4 pm.

So I am gonna stretch out all day and just smell some roses. Tommorow I am doing upper canopy reductions on two medium locusts.

I am trying to do nothing, I tried to do that yesterday, it didn't take. I ended up doing more harm than good, I was entirely pissed off by 4 pm.

So I am gonna stretch out all day and just smell some roses. Tommorow I am doing upper canopy reductions on two medium locusts.

well honey enjoy that:)

[video=youtube;kpYK3mRJ_I0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYK3mRJ_I0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Not quite a bush hog but can go places most tractors can't especially with the dual tires that gives great traction but also prevents tip overs on steep slopes. Mine are coming next week.

For a small one man operation I expect to get a lot of utility out of it. It's going to be great for clean up, and when I get the stump cutter for it it will be a new profit center for me.

It looks like a nice peice for a residential arborist. I like my mini skid steer because you don't have to climb in or up to get on it. You just hop on the back and start rollin. It can rip a lawn up but it also turns on a dime.

I haven't used a mower on mine, I use a york rake, I am afraid of big mowers personally.

I'm totally bummed out guy's, i buried my friend yesterday and i sure am missing her:cry:

018-3.jpg

why did you chase a deer in the highway girl,she was a damn good dog except for roaming i will not forget my gypsy.

Sorry to hear about that Ropes.

24 hrs in 2 days sound slow to you? 40+ hours in the winter and almost 60 in the summer sound slow? i got all the gear i need to do what i feel like doing, gayve. if i need something i ask and get. can't get much better than that, now can it?

hannigan? lol. you went there? lol. hanningan is actually a good story. hard work paid off is the moral there. he wasn't that good but always worked hard. good for him cause he earned it. me? i pissed all my athletic talents down the drain. admit that. go ahead and call tony sporano down there at miami dolphin headquarters and ask him who the best talent he ever seen go to waste and i'll bet he says my name. oh well, i say. at least i love what i do....

you on the other hand. where all this big money you claim to make go? if you had a clue and knew what you were doing you wouldn't be using a sign crane nor a 2 man bucket line truck. you the scab, pal. your halloween color scheme sucks too. get a helmet yet?

now go eat your stool softener and put on your depends. no more accidents in bed.

Sounds like you need another break and go on tour again dude. That or maybe a trip to a whorehouse or something BUT I have to tell you its no different either way; Where ever you go, there you are. It kinda works against you if you let it, you might even think that you aren't letting it get to you but unless you actually are either Superman or some other kind of comic like that i really recomend that you just LET IT BE with all that you just said about all that you just said in your above statements.

" whispered words of wisdom... "

I know, I didn't get that for some time, i thought I did, its kinda illusive.

Had to back the new chip ark down this long ass winding driveway today. That was quite the experience.. almost smashed the passenger side mirror on a hemlock. It's no one ton, that for sure! Fit everything in one load though!

I almost forgot how much fun it is training a new guy on the porty - while climbing. Kinda nice having the HO stare at it all from his chair on the deck, while sipping iced tea too! Bastard. Guy was very happy though.

Damn nail took out one of my razor sharp 372's too.. now I get to put on a crap new chain. :cry:

Had to back the new chip ark down this long ass winding driveway today. That was quite the experience.. almost smashed the passenger side mirror on a hemlock. It's no one ton, that for sure! Fit everything in one load though!

I almost forgot how much fun it is training a new guy on the porty - while climbing. Kinda nice having the HO stare at it all from his chair on the deck, while sipping iced tea too! Bastard. Guy was very happy though.

Damn nail took out one of my razor sharp 372's too.. now I get to put on a crap new chain. :cry:

did we get a skwatch on da new paint :msp_scared:

Gee Doug, tell us how you really feel ...

Nope its not my money......Nor was I talking to you!! Maybe before you step on Oldirty`s toes you should stand in front of em!! ...

You should try talking to me toe to toe and eye to eye and not hiding in mom's basement behind the cheap Dell she bought you.

I would suggest hitting up that drunk begging you to buy em out & leaving the big boys argue & poke fun at the not so brite treeguys who would make our trade look stupid by thinking their "steiner" lawn blower actually makes them professional!!!

So you're a "big boy" huh?

See....Prentice, this trade has enough Idiots that got layed off from some totally different line of work, Idiots with a craftsman chainsaw, idiots with a ladder, idiots with no know how.......

You are without a doubt the biggest idiot here.

idiots I have to compete with!!!! idiots with lawn mowers in a tree care biz................Soooo why do I care? Cause Im sick of having to educate customers in regards to worthless contractors whom are laughable..........Contractors parading around in their mini vans with make shift ladder racks holding pruners, Etc....Etc...

You don't compete with me, you can't compete with me.

whew.....!!! hopefully you get it? Now, if others or I want to let a wannabe tree "guy" or "service" have it cuz of stupidity....we will & if you wanna stick up for the stupid out there..........then we`ll include you in our reindeer games of pick on abuse!!!!... LXT................

Quite a rant there Doug. You know we live pretty close why don't we get together sometime. I'm sure you'll remember that I offered to hire you for a day like I have another poster here, but you punked out. You are a loudmouth punk. If you don't like me saying that well just ring my doorbell and slap my face.

Last edited:
Looking at trees and collecting checks. Help gave me 2# of pulled pork that I put in the slow cooker with some sweet bbq sauce! I am on my fourth sub sandwich. YUM!

Cleaned up a little storm damage :msp_wink: Sorry this is the only picture I have. Ended up using a crane. The butt was just barely balanced on the trunk. Everything went smoothly and the house got away with surprisingly little damage. The corner got mashed up pretty good and there's a couple of holes in the roof but the porch is fine and considering the size of this tree the HO got pretty lucky.

attachment.php

Nope its not my money......Nor was I talking to you!! Maybe before you step on Oldirty`s toes you should stand in front of em!! Let alone question Ropes about a stumper that you couldnt afford!!

I would suggest hitting up that drunk begging you to buy em out & leaving the big boys argue & poke fun at the not so brite treeguys who would make our trade look stupid by thinking their "steiner" lawn blower actually makes them professional!!!

See....Prentice, this trade has enough Idiots that got layed off from some totally different line of work, Idiots with a craftsman chainsaw, idiots with a ladder, idiots with no know how.......

idiots I have to compete with!!!! idiots with lawn mowers in a tree care biz................Soooo why do I care? Cause Im sick of having to educate customers in regards to worthless contractors whom are laughable..........Contractors parading around in their mini vans with make shift ladder racks holding pruners, Etc....Etc...

whew.....!!! hopefully you get it? Now, if others or I want to let a wannabe tree "guy" or "service" have it cuz of stupidity....we will & if you wanna stick up for the stupid out there..........then we`ll include you in our reindeer games of pick on abuse!!!!

Ropes, sorry about your friend!!! I have 2 that if anything happens to em...........I will shed many tears!!!

LXT................

LXT, you want a medal, or a chest to pin it on? Every post I read that you put on here, your whining and tell ing everyone else that there ideas are piss. worry about yourself a lil more, and quit taking out your hate on here, ya douche.

Nope its not my money......Nor was I talking to you!! Maybe before you step on Oldirty`s toes you should stand in front of em!! Let alone question Ropes about a stumper that you couldnt afford!!

whew.....!!! hopefully you get it? Now, if others or I want to let a wannabe tree "guy" or "service" have it cuz of stupidity....we will & if you wanna stick up for the stupid out there..........then we`ll include you in our reindeer games of pick on abuse!!!!

Ropes, sorry about your friend!!! I have 2 that if anything happens to em...........I will shed many tears!!!

LXT................

Im drunk. just read it again. I get it this time sorry. But dont say I cant afford the grinder, thats whats pissed me off. I can buy any grinder I want right now, Im just waiting.

Cleaned up a little storm damage :msp_wink: Sorry this is the only picture I have. Ended up using a crane. The butt was just barely balanced on the trunk. Everything went smoothly and the house got away with surprisingly little damage. The corner got mashed up pretty good and there's a couple of holes in the roof but the porch is fine and considering the size of this tree the HO got pretty lucky.

attachment.php

yeah they were lucky it did not squish them. looks like a good day

attachment.php

Nice job Keh, that is the proverbial "money tree".

The paper says a firefighter got killed in a "possible tree cutting accident", in my town yesterday. Says the homeowner came home and found him dead.

What makes these people think they're treeguys? I hate to sound like a dik, but Jesus, just cuz you a fireman, don't make you qualified to be an arborist! When are these people gonna learn a little respect for our trade!! ####!

I pulled into the jobsite yesterday, somebody tells me that there is a wire down on the road in front of a customer's house. Talk with the linemen later in the day, turns out a squirrel chewed through a 13Kv line.

I pulled into the jobsite yesterday, somebody tells me that there is a wire down on the road in front of a customer's house. Talk with the linemen later in the day, turns out a squirrel chewed through a 13Kv line.

Through metal? (aluminum?) Some good teeth!

Pruned and cabled a smaller maple the other day. Them squirrils are destroying this tree. Eating the bark off the top of the branches, partially girdling them. Had to take dead tips out of the top on account of them bastards!

Back