Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extensive conversations with Walbro themselves has revealed some interesting facts...

The WB-9 was made for the 750
The WB-2 was made for the Super 650
The WB-22A/22ACR was never released in the US
The WB-24A/24ACR and WB42 were Karting applications.... these carbs run $100 and are very special to one particular Kart design, the kit alone runs >$50

I have the actual production drawings for these carbs and they are almost exactly the same EXCEPT... Jetting. The WB-2 and 9 were jetted for the chainsaw and the WB-22/24/42 are jetted for Karts, meaning you'd have to turn the jet in a little more, like 1/2 turn instead of the standard 1.25 turns. All except the WB-9 have 23.8mm venturi, the WB-9 is 20.9mm and why the Super 650 gives a good kick to the 750...

These all have the choke and may vary slightly with how the throttle shaft is connected to the linkage, meaning you may need to change the connecting devise to fit a saw throttle rod, each looks a little different (for a kart remember).

But anyway, we now know that there are alternatives for a replacement carb on you 650/750 saw. I've been watching for a WB-2 for two years now... problem solved!

I wonder if this is why my Super 650 kicks the #### outta my 750?

Randy, I have been waiting for this response because I have heard the wb-2 would fit on a Dolmar 166. At one time I thought I was gonna need a carb for my 166. Looking at the specs the WB-17 that I have on my 166 has a 23.8 mm venturi. The WB-25 replaced the WB-17 for this saw at what point I do not know. The WB-25 has a 23.8mm venturi also. My question is do all these WB carbs have similar bolt patterns? Should they technically interchange? I almost bought a WB-20 with a 26mm venturi which is used quite a bit in the cart world, but was afraid it wouldn't bolt up. Sorry for the hijack. :cool2: Homelite

DSCF1326_zps258232e7.jpg

another Freebie today

My friend called and said I have something for you-not a bad specimen! a Super XL with a bow bar! going to see what these bow bars are all about:rock::rock:
attachment.php

Last edited:
I wonder if this is why my Super 650 kicks the #### outta my 750?

Yes, Its flowing more air! I would also add that I've heard stories from guys racing the 750s they installed the WB-2. My old saw buddy (he's in his late 70s) said I should find on for sure. Put the 650 carb on the 750 and see what happens or better yet, bring it up next week and see in a head to head race... your 650 against my 750. 20" bars shall we say a 16" log or so?

The guy from Walbro did not mention the WB-17 or WB-25 as having the same bolt pattern. I do see that the WB-24 and WB-25 take the same overhaul kit.

Tom,
The one picture of the WB-42 I saw looked like a specialty carb made from a solid block and did not look like it took a standard K11-WB kit. Nothing on eBay either. The Rep said he hadn't seen one in some time.

Last edited:
I am working on this saw right now. The saw came from a shelf of a old saw shop closing
down. Sat there for years with some broken parts.
So I hunted for parts for some time with no luck. Then I made a offer to trade a saw or two
to this nice guy member here who had a saw with all the parts on it I needed.
He said yes.;) I will have it all back together in a few days.
The saw has great compression and looks like it was not used that much.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am working on this saw right now. The saw came from a shelf of a old saw shop closing
So I hunted for parts for some time with no luck. Then I made a offer to trade a saw or two

attachment.php

attachment.php

You fellas never cease to amaze and inspire me. :bowdown:

Hmm................................I wonder who that nice guy member is...:msp_rolleyes:

Cliff I'm glad to see that it went towards a worthy cause. Figured it would, given who I sent it to. Still...........I was a bit sad that it was going to become a parts saw. Seeing that 990G, I feel saddened no longer.:D

That's why they were invented.
So the log could close and the saw could go right on cuttin'.
Can't pinch the bar 'cause there ain't any bar.

Mike

I must have worded that wrong. I meant to say that after you get the log cut all the way, it closes up in between the two rails, causing the saw to be stuck. Kinda like a key on a key chain. The log being the key ring, and the bow being the upper part of the key.

I must have worded that wrong. I meant to say that after you get the log cut all the way, it closes up in between the two rails, causing the saw to be stuck. Kinda like a key on a key chain. The log being the key ring, and the bow being the upper part of the key.

It'd have to be a small enough log/limb to fit within the bow....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow very nice Cliff very nice

Anyone have the correct mounting hardware to put a hand guard on a Super Xl Auto and would be willing to part with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

just WOW!!!!

Latest posts

Back