McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I had that ugly little thought too. All they would have had to do is replace the top cover with one that says PM700. That would be enough to fool me. Even if it is a 10-10 it's an awfully good running saw and for the small sum I paid for it I sure can't complain! To be honest, I grabbed it up pretty quick; any Mac would have been fine.

i gotcha there...sometimes it doesn't matter...like my 790 I found, well, cheap. Just buy it. That's how you get lucky, taking a risk.

I just picked up a running 10-10 automatic (overspray EVERWHERE...what a mess...) that I had thought might be a 10-10s...(i asked about the black or red button you push in to start it....he said, yeah, it's there (he meant the throttle lock...grrr) anyway, drove 40 min to meet, I was NOT leaving empty handed.

$40 wasn't terrible. then i found a 10-10s with a new 16" windsor/sandvik bar for, well...a lot less the next day. That needs a bit of work, but she's PURDY.

J

i have a brand new crankcase if you are looking to keep it

I think I have 4 or 5 of these right now. I have one that has the crankshaft broken that I'll probably just use that case to repair. Too bad it's the blue one that corroded though. Thanks anyway.. I do look on your site when I need parts. Do you have parts other than those on your website?

So, uh, here's my first Mac. As you can see, it's pretty rough, but looks serviceable... if I can figure out what it is. Help, please?

DSCN0889.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

DSCN0908.jpg

DSCN0895.jpg

DSCN0893.jpg

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0897.jpg

I can't find anything like it on Mike Acres' site -- everything is either obviously older or obviously newer!

So, uh, here's my first Mac. As you can see, it's pretty rough, but looks serviceable... if I can figure out what it is. Help, please?

I can't find anything like it on Mike Acres' site -- everything is either obviously older or obviously newer!

Power Mac 1000... same as Jonsered 1020 or the Partner P-100.

Mac PM 1000

Last edited:

Send it to me...I'll help you figure out what it is!! lol :clap:

I've been wanting one of these for a while...did you acquire recently, and how? good $$...

what a nice big bar on it.

100cc's of power...

Yup, Partner made the P100, sold it to J-red and mcculloch to help them fill a void..

I need one of these someday soon to make the tie between my MAC collection and my Partner collection.

IF you ever want to sell/trade/ etc...let me know..

till then, have fun!!

Jay

IF you ever want to sell/trade/ etc...let me know..

Gonna make you sick, but...

Buddy a mine's dad's been after him for about ten years to get the thing running. I've been eyeballing it about as long. Didn't know quite what it was, just that I wanted it. Got it yesterday as a "MAKE IT RUN SO HE SHUTS UP" deal. Evidently it's mine, but the onus of responsibility for its well-being has passed to me, as well. Bummer that. I am already searching for the parts I'll need, and am pretty sure I'll have it running for < US$100. Full restoration? Perhaps.

It's probably worth mentioning that I've never sold a saw. I sold a pistol once, and have regretted it ever since. I have sold a couple of cars and regretted that, too. However, I've given a couple of each away over the years with considerably less regret. I guess I just don't have much business instinct. It's probably best that I work in the woods.

Gonna make you sick, but...

Buddy a mine's dad's been after him for about ten years to get the thing running. I've been eyeballing it about as long. Didn't know quite what it was, just that I wanted it. Got it yesterday as a "MAKE IT RUN SO HE SHUTS UP" deal. Evidently it's mine, but the onus of responsibility for its well-being has passed to me, as well. Bummer that. I am already searching for the parts I'll need, and am pretty sure I'll have it running for < US$100. Full restoration? Perhaps.

It's probably worth mentioning that I've never sold a saw. I sold a pistol once, and have regretted it ever since. I have sold a couple of cars and regretted that, too. However, I've given a couple of each away over the years with considerably less regret. I guess I just don't have much business instinct. It's probably best that I work in the woods.

I know exactly why he wants to hear it run... 100cc's, that's why...lol

well, if you have spark, and compression...it's probably needing just a carb rebuild (sometimes just taking them apart does the trick), fuel lines (While your there...use the green targon stuff..) and fuel filter...ready to rock and roll.

I must ask, why do you regret selling the pistol? are you the cause of the regret, or the buyer (being a pain in the a$$) ? Saws are easy, especially to someone who collects them...it's as is, and most of us understand that. That's why some like trading....it gives one person something they need/want for something the other needs/wants.

I have more non-running saws than running ones....lol

I may be running into quite a LARGE amount of NOS Partner/stihl/husky/jred parts in the next couple weeks... if you need anything

J

I must ask, why do you regret selling the pistol?

It was an early WWII FN Hi-Power, all the bells and whistles, NRA 90%, with both Belgian and German acceptance stamps. I sold it to pay the bills. Bills paid, I found myself short one historic firearm. Not a rewarding experience.

As for Husky/Partner parts, I will definitely be interested. I'm sure you'll have something I'll be interested in.

I think I have 4 or 5 of these right now. I have one that has the crankshaft broken that I'll probably just use that case to repair. Too bad it's the blue one that corroded though. Thanks anyway.. I do look on your site when I need parts.
Do you have parts other than those on your website?

:coughs: yes

It was an early WWII FN Hi-Power, all the bells and whistles, NRA 90%, with both Belgian and German acceptance stamps. I sold it to pay the bills. Bills paid, I found myself short one historic firearm. Not a rewarding experience.

As for Husky/Partner parts, I will definitely be interested. I'm sure you'll have something I'll be interested in.

Ugh...that's the position i've been in...out of work since Aug, Kidney transplant in Jan...been tough...

I tore the oil tank off of the 797. Tore the oil pump apart and cleaned it all up. Made new gaskets, cleaned the intake screen, and put it all back together.

The friggin' thing still won't oil... :censored:

I don't know if I need to "prime" the dang thing somehow...

Gary

I believe the manual oiler primes the auto oiler. I have not had any problems with the auto oilers on my saws, but make sure there are not any stuck check valves in it if it has any. Also, make sure the gasket for the oiltank has an opening for the crankcase pressure to work the pump.

Gary, Have you tried adjusting the screw
on top of the pump. Back it way out and
see what happens.
That pump also operates on crankcase pulses.
You might want to take the tank off and check
all the holes.

Lee

Back