Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one of you guys were having trouble with the battery going dead in one of your vehicles? If I recall it may have been a Chevy.
Me for one…. The IPC repair didn’t stop the draw. It did fix the erratic gauges though! I made a discovery after putting the IPC back in the dash that I haven’t investigated yet. That being that I found a draw in the bottom of the fuse block itself that had been overlooked previously when testing the individual fuses. I’ll try to remember to get a photo.. It’s my mother’s 2001 Blazer… not that she’s driving anymore…

Sooo
Since y’all talking doctors and nurses…

My primary has a nurse that hates me

I’m 5’10’’ and in my prime sports days was around 145lbs

She gets me on the scale and I’m 168, I sigh, she asked what’s wrong. I told her I’m disappointed with how much I weighed. She told me “relax lots of woman weigh that much too”. My reply “yeah, they’re probably fat and miserable too”

She just walked out, 10 minutes later a different nurse comes in and is very short with me

Now the doctor comes in, he is a smart ass too

He tells me “you sure know how to make friends Matt”

Now, I’m not fat. But I sure don’t have the mean 6pack I used to have….

Now it’s a 1/4keg and needs to go.

Sooo

She gets me on the scale and I’m 168, I sigh, she asked what’s wrong. I told her I’m disappointed with how much I weighed. She told me “relax lots of woman weigh that much too”. My reply “yeah, they’re probably fat and miserable too”

She just walked out, 10 minutes later a different nurse comes in and is very short with me

I lent out my copy of "How to win friends and influence people" back in the early '80s and it was never returned... otherwise I'd pass it along. 😉

Wife got that once in a doctor's visit. Nurse asked her if she felt safe at home. She said "sure, I've got a 9mm on the nightstand and my husband has a shotgun and 357mag on his side." She said the nurse looked baffled and had no more questions
What's worse then us adults being asked stupid crap like that is the schools and Dr's ask our kids questions like that. Had to have a discussion with the kids about keeping their mouths shut about having guns. It's a real shite world we live in these days.
Sooo

Every now and then my wife will look at the picture from our wedding day, and sigh. Last time I asked her what was wrong, she said she wished I was as skinny as I was when we got married. My 6 pack turned into a half keg a few years after I started my current job.

Well, I got the Asian 660 running today ... and it runs good, but I don't think it is as strong as my 066 and it was a LOT of headaches!

First, - I made a thin gasket for it, but it was too thin. Ended up searching my inventory. Some of the gaskets I have measure .022, but one from Cross measures .017, so I used that one and squish ended up at .022. Good to go!

Second, I put it all together and was anxious to run it, filled it with fuel ... and it started leaking all over the place. Determined the leak was where the fuel line goes through the tank. So I figured I'd get an OEM and not worry about it, but NO ONE has them ... I guess my saw models are getting ancient!

I found I had a supply of AM fuel lines ... but they also did not fit snug in the hole (I still can't figure out what the heck happened). But, determined to run the darn saw I cut the bottom off the first fuel line (where it connects to the filter) and threaded the new fuel line through it till it reached the flat stop, so where it goes through the tank is two layers thick (was a lot of work to do this), but it worked!

Third, then I throw the saw back together and fill it and try to start it ... 20 pulls and no kick. I'm starting to think the there is no spark, so I remove the filter and prime it, and she starts, idles, and purrs like a kitten. I hit the trigger, and NOTHING happens ... and I realize why it would not start, I forgot to reconnect the trigger linkage when I rushed to put it back together!

I'm so glad that it is now running, but what an ordeal!
Sounds like my usual foray into saw repair!

Under the category of " other stuff" , we picked this up a while back. Pretty nice. View attachment 1210093View attachment 1210095View attachment 1210096View attachment 1210094
My parents had one of these.

As farxas having fun with nurses. I have had many visits for the past 3 years to the hospital for a minor bladder cancer issue that finally seems to be resolved (I hope) On one of my infusion visits my nurse leaves her sweater in my exam room. When I left I checked out at the desk and told the woman that Carey had left her clothes in my room. OMG did I ever start a rumor on that one. The next week everyone wanted to know what was going on between Carey and I. On another visit I was asked how the nurses are and are they treating me well. I replied that the nurses there are the best hands on nurses I have ever met. That one brought out a lot of laughter. Bladder infusions are done with a catheter inserted up your penis. The hands on remark was appropriate and they all got a kick out of it. Even the new nurses were informed by others to be prepared for my sense of humor. The best part is that they all have told me that they enjoy my visits much more than the grumpy old people that come in there and whine about everything.

I'm in shape, round is a shape...
I don't have a 6 pack, but I have a uni-ab:happybanana:.
It's not what's on the outside, but what's in the inside that counts :laughing:.
Just a few that I use, feel free to borrow them boys:yes:.
Considering the price of groceries, I have a prosperous look.

What's worse then us adults being asked stupid crap like that is the schools and Dr's ask our kids questions like that. Had to have a discussion with the kids about keeping their mouths shut about having guns. It's a real shite world we live in these days.

Every now and then my wife will look at the picture from our wedding day, and sigh. Last time I asked her what was wrong, she said she wished I was as skinny as I was when we got married. My 6 pack turned into a half keg a few years after I started my current job.
I'm on a See-food diet. All the food that I see I eat. LOL.

It is difficult to stay in shape and keep your weight down as you get older and life gets busy, but it is important.

In addition to staying active, everyone should have a brief daily exercise routine that included stretching and range of motion exercises.

Also, and I know it is not popular on this site but try and eat healthy. Low fat, more fruit and vegetables.

I plan to be around for my grandkids for a long time, and that includes sleigh riding, hiking and hunting.

Two things my Dad used to say: 1) Bet on the lean horse in the long race. 2) Mother Nature gives you the first 40 years, after that you had better work on it.

My Dad did white collar work (he was a Lawyer and Licensed Public Accountant), but after dinner every day he went into the basement and did his exercises. My brother and I still marvel at how strong he was even at 69 when we built his house. He could load 80 lb bags of cement into the mixer all day long, and we worked long days back then!

It is difficult to stay in shape and keep your weight down as you get older and life gets busy, but it is important.

In addition to staying active, everyone should have a brief daily exercise routine that included stretching and range of motion exercises.

Also, and I know it is not popular on this site but try and eat healthy. Low fat, more fruit and vegetables.

I plan to be around for my grandkids for a long time, and that includes sleigh riding, hiking and hunting.

Two things my Dad used to say: 1) Bet on the lean horse in the long race. 2) Mother Nature gives you the first 40 years, after that you had better work on it.

My Dad did white collar work (he was a Lawyer and Licensed Public Accountant), but after dinner every day he went into the basement and did his exercises. My brother and I still marvel at how strong he was even at 69 when we built his house. He could load 80 lb bags of cement into the mixer all day long, and we worked long days back then!
Well said Mike 👍

we should all strive to be more like him. My activity level (physical) has definatly gone down hill since I stopped doing road work. Hasn't helped being on call either. Lots of sitting around and waiting. I hope I'm half as healthy as some of the older guys I know when I hit my 70s.

Time for my public service announcement

Get your colonoscopy when your doctor starts telling you it’s time, currently that’s in your 40s.

My first one at about 70 found stage 4 colon cancer, almost two years ago. It could have been caught as polyps if I had it done earlier. I was probably about to but put it off a little longer to deal with some other issues, some mine and some my wife’s, and the Covid hit, another delay.

Treatment is keeping it down and will probably be getting a section of colon removed soon. Surgeon is going to take a look in two weeks, via another colonoscopy, to see what he thinks. I call it a “colon-disconnect-omy “.

we should all strive to be more like him. My activity level (physical) has definatly gone down hill since I stopped doing road work. Hasn't helped being on call either. Lots of sitting around and waiting. I hope I'm half as healthy as some of the older guys I know when I hit my 70s.
WHEN I was younger, Working only a half day (12 hrs) was a good thing! Easy day!
Now I am oldt, I have to limit my cutting and splitting to half days (4 hours) Now that is good exercise, especially if you pitch it onto the trailer or onto the pile. ;)

I figure I have about 6 more (half) days to fill my storage. House painting this morning.

Looking forward to the arrival of the fiskars splitting maul.

In a couple weeks i will be 11 yrs post heart attack. 14 yrs post blood clots in lungs.

Latest posts

Back