Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing going on, too close to Christmas that is eating up all my spare time, trips to airport n back, out to stores procuring more n more supplies. We should be good for bout a month now....LOL

Did your daughter get home OK?? No delays or cancelations yet...I assume...

Did your daughter get home OK?? No delays or cancelations yet...I assume...

She did get delayed. Due to mechanical problem the flight was 55 mins late leaving San Fran International and it arrived about the same amount late at Chicago so the connecting flight had already left. There wasn`t another flight leaving Chicago to Hfx til today after noon so the airline flew her to Newark and put her up overnight, they had a flight leaving Newark at 9.22 so she caught that one and landed here 11.58 at Hfx Stanfield Intl. We were there waiting and picked her and her luggage up, went shopping at a couple of outlets on the way home. She is now all settled in and had one good home cooked meal. not far off from another...LOL

She did get delayed. Due to mechanical problem the flight was 55 mins late leaving San Fran International and it arrived about the same amount late at Chicago so the connecting flight had already left. There wasn`t another flight leaving Chicago to Hfx til today after noon so the airline flew her to Newark and put her up overnight, they had a flight leaving Newark at 9.22 so she caught that one and landed here 11.58 at Hfx Stanfield Intl. We were there waiting and picked her and her luggage up, went shopping at a couple of outlets on the way home. She is now all settled in and had one good home cooked meal. not far off from another...LOL

Domino effect. That makes for a long trip!! My daughter emailed me last night and asked "You haven't got a spare $1,000.00 kicking around?? Do you??" She was pricing immediate flights. She's on Christmas break from teaching in Prague......visiting friends in Dresden.......friend she met in Costa Rica.......feeling kinda left out with the family, not having much german....got a tad homesick, I guess....she always gets it around the holidays.....good to have the family together this time of year. She decided whatever she is doing and wherever she is next year......returning for the holidays will be part of the plan. Glad you folks are all together.

Domino effect. That makes for a long trip!! My daughter emailed me last night and asked "You haven't got a spare $1,000.00 kicking around?? Do you??" She was pricing immediate flights. She's on Christmas break from teaching in Prague......visiting friends in Dresden.......friend she met in Costa Rica.......feeling kinda left out with the family, not having much german....got a tad homesick, I guess....she always gets it around the holidays.....good to have the family together this time of year. She decided whatever she is doing and wherever she is next year......returning for the holidays will be part of the plan. Glad you folks are all together.

Flights this time of year are so pre booked up that the prices are very excessive. My wife and I will book flights many months in advance and just make sure we make n take those flights when the time comes. My daughter usually pre books hers as well cause it is at least twice as expensive to just book a flight close to Christmas. I know that if I were away from home at this time of year that I would be very homesick, just need to be there it seems.
Wish you and yours were all together as we are right now, plenty of catching up to do and plenty of reminiscing going on. Ole Bings words always ring so true for me at this time of year, his 1943 hit.

Flights this time of year are so pre booked up that the prices are very excessive. My wife and I will book flights many months in advance and just make sure we make n take those flights when the time comes. My daughter usually pre books hers as well cause it is at least twice as expensive to just book a flight close to Christmas. I know that if I were away from home at this time of year that I would be very homesick, just need to be there it seems.
Wish you and yours were all together as we are right now, plenty of catching up to do and plenty of reminiscing going on. Ole Bings words always ring so true for me at this time of year, his 1943 hit.

Yes prebooking is the only way to go.......even more so around heavy traffic holiday times. I think she was just "wishful thinking"......it rare to see her falter in her plans/convictions. She's logged more miles around the planet in the last 4 yrs than I have my whole life it seems. Always traveling with a plan and objective/goal to further her experience and education.....not just for fun. Don't know where she got that from......when I was her age it was ALL about the fun!!

Back