Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a very long time since I burned any Homelite cut wood! Last time was likely at my FIL`s place back in the 80`s.

I stihl do at the camp sometimes.....brought the SXL back for some repairs 3-4 yrs ago.....got sidetracked....been burning Jonsereds cut out there ever since......but like the SXL for out here....only cut a rather small amount of wood at a time and can leave it there and not worry about thieves luggin it off....

I stihl do at the camp sometimes.....brought the SXL back for some repairs 3-4 yrs ago.....got sidetracked....been burning Jonsereds cut out there ever since......but like the SXL for out here....only cut a rather small amount of wood at a time and can leave it there and not worry about thieves luggin it off....

I leave my Husky 45 at my camp for the same reason, could leave it outside on top of the woodpile and no one would drag it off.Much more likely to lose one of my all mag XL12`s or XLSupers as most people around know they are solid saws.

News guy just said wind thrill gonna be -25 in the next day er two ! Guess I will see how good this wood stove is !

I remember those days....we used to get two spells each winter where the temps would drop to -20`s for two weeks at a stretch, lakes would freeze 4 + feet of ice and we could truck logs home on the tandem trucks over the lakes, 5+ cord to a load. Good running on lakes, very smooth compared to the old woods roads.

I remember those days....we used to get two spells each winter where the temps would drop to -20`s for two weeks at a stretch, lakes would freeze 4 + feet of ice and we could truck logs home on the tandem trucks over the lakes, 5+ cord to a load. God running on lakes, very smooth compared to the old woods roads.

Yep we used to get one, usually just before Christmas and another in Feb.......20 below every night for a couple weeks....warm up to maybe zero on a sunny day......quite regular clear into the late 70"s.........

Yep we used to get one, usually just before Christmas and another in Feb.......20 below every night for a couple weeks....warm up to maybe zero on a sunny day......quite regular clear into the late 70"s.........

Weather patterns sure have changed, mostly for the better for us. The years with 5 -6 feet of snow on the ground for 2 - 3 months and 4 - 5 ' of ice from Jan to March sure isn`t missed now. The sawmill I grew up next to hauled all winter to the mill, they would have 8 + months sawing from mid March til December when the woods crew would start falling and browing next years logs. Horses moved the logs n pulp out of the woods to lakeside where it was browed and waiting for the ice, then the trucks picked it up and moved it down the lakes to the mill. Some years if there was still logs left when the ice went thin ,they would get put in a floating boom and pulled down the lakes, river drove between the lakes and finally reach the road access where the log loader trucks picked them up, very labor intensive method.

Latest posts

Back