whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am told, OFTEN! That we have the biggest deer in the world here in eastern Iowa.Guy across the street from me owns big gun store, he always tellin me about massive bucks that his customers have bagged.
I am no hunter, but that beeeyach in the back yard is going to turn into jerky soon if she doesn't quit leading her youngins to my garden! THEY KEEP GETTING AT THE BEANS, and yall know how i feel about my greenbeans!

Picked my first one yesterday!

Yup Iowa well nebraska too has huge dee but I think Saskatchawon has huge ones too:cheers: Its the agriculture in Ia. and /Neb.

Rope, Ya should come up here and blast her! she is real big! She has babies too, with spots, heard they make the best jerkey!:laugh:

Grand Lake Colorado

A friend of mine took some photos unbenounced to me. July 3, two days after a nasty wind storm that lasted 10 minutes and dropped or pushed 1000's of trees in the area. This one gets limbed then plucked with a crane in sections from the top down.

Last edited:
A friend of mine took some photos unbenounced to me. July 3, two days after a nasty windstorm that lasted 10 minutes and dropped or pushed 1000's of trees in the area. This one gets limbed then plucked with a crane in sections from the top down.

Welcome snowman, that looked a nice & tricky take down climb over the shingle roof. I see your got good PPE gear head to toe, good for you. stick around much to learn and for you to share with this AS mob.

Went and bid work this morning. Looked at 3 and sold 2.

The first one I went to look at was a tree on a structure (town house) with very poor access. A little alley in the back where I am not even sure we can get a boom truck into. Nothing to tie the tree off to within 100'. I asked the woman if she had contacted her insurance company and she said that she had and the deductible was too high for her to pay... I proceeded to back away slowly... If her deductible is too high for her to pay then she does not want to hear what I have to tell her... I will shoot her a price but it will be Monday when my crane guy can get in there and see if he can get to it.

As I was leaving this young fat kid pulled up wearing a pair of landscaping hand pruners and said he was Brian the tree man (around 22). Said he was there to bid the job. I told him good luck as I left. I hope he gets it. That should keep his low balling ass busy for most of the week (I have bid behind him before and know his prices)...

Yup Iowa well nebraska too has huge dee but I think Saskatchawon has huge ones too:cheers: Its the agriculture in Ia. and /Neb.

Yup Manatoba too... I hunted up there a few times with bow and them are some big ole deer up there. I have seen does over 200 and bucks that were well over 300 on the hoof

I am told, OFTEN! That we have the biggest deer in the world here in eastern Iowa.Guy across the street from me owns big gun store, he always tellin me about massive bucks that his customers have bagged.
I am no hunter, but that beeeyach in the back yard is going to turn into jerky soon if she doesn't quit leading her youngins to my garden! THEY KEEP GETTING AT THE BEANS, and yall know how i feel about my greenbeans!

Picked my first one yesterday!

OK, THIS DEER IS GONNA DIE! Hit my lettuce and sweet potatoes, cant figure out how they are getting in! Going to get a mid evil on it. Time to dig out the Cammie's, face paint and some worm blood. Going to chase her down with an axe.

I did pick enough beans yesterday to have some for dinner tonight, ahhhhh yes! Soon we will be canning my wifes salsa, cant freaking wait, keep telling her we need to label it and sale it! Wez gunna calls zit " Greanbeans, hot mamma's Salsa"

We get some pretty massive ones around here; but I don't hunt where I live. To restrictive on hunting - no rifle - short shotgun - rest is bow.

A combination of restrictive hunting, and the deer feeding on farmers corn and grain is the combination that will grow some huge bucks.

The biggest risk the deer have here are likely automobiles.

Last edited:

Yep.. Saskatchewan has low population (less than a million in whole province), hence fairly limited hunting in many parts. Lots of agriculture, hence lots of good food. Due to large expanse, they do not have the large automobile/deer issues that some areas have. Any areas with low population, good food available, some shelter close by likely do well in producing large deer. Only issue they have in Saskatchewan is the cold in winter, but they do not typically have really deep snow (which is at times an issue here - as the wolves can then get the deer easily).

Today I am going out to do evaluations ...

But this is what we did yesterday:

[video=youtube;BP0C239vr04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0C239vr04[/video]

For my work the puny stump cutter on my tractor is perfect. It goes places a larger dedicated cutter would have trouble getting to. Check out my twin Magliner ramps. Cost me almost a grand, but have already shown their worth. With them I'll be able to drive my tractor right up into my dump truck to load it.

Last edited:
I payed $23,500 for my machine. It had 600 hrs on it.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=190075&stc=1&d=1310312220

attachment.php

Here's one of blakes whipping up this big cream puff from last week...

attachment.php

Aw, man. I was about to tell you not to show them the LZ. Hard to look awesome when a drop zone like that is so obvious. lol Fun tree though, wish they were all like that.

Aw, man. I was about to tell you not to show them the LZ. Hard to look awesome when a drop zone like that is so obvious. lol Fun tree though, wish they were all like that.

Yep. Bombs away (other that that giant septic system in front of the tree). Good thing I was on the chipper instead of my guys though... that would have been a disaster! Lol.

Im smoking a corned beef brisket three racks of ribs and my famous bbq beans.

Yep. Bombs away (other that that giant septic system in front of the tree). Good thing I was on the chipper instead of my guys though... that would have been a disaster! Lol.

Yep. Pullin the lever on the chipper winch and yellin at the groundies is a tough job indeed! Your boys are spoiled rotten with your equipment. Send 'em down to me for a week and they'll find out how much "fun" this job can be. lol

Finally got this stresser out of the way yesterday. This tree reminded me of the "would you climb this" thread from a while back. A lot bigger than it looks in this pic. About 90' and hanging over neighbor's fence/garden. Someone had to do it. We rigged everything into a big ash in the woods.

attachment.php

attachment.php

But this is what we did yesterday:

[video=youtube;BP0C239vr04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0C239vr04[/video]

For my work the puny stump cutter on my tractor is perfect. It goes places a larger dedicated cutter would have trouble getting to. Check out my twin Magliner ramps. Cost me almost a grand, but have already shown their worth. With them I'll be able to drive my tractor right up into my dump truck to load it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahhahhshhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahaahhahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhaahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahhahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhaahhahahahaahhahahahhahahahaaa.............

that stump grinder is what brought out the laughter. a joke that machine is.

what a clown.

Back