what to do with ms390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for Saw troll. Man your a outspoken arrogant fool. 28,000 post doesnt make you smart it makes you annoying. i get so sick of reading these forums and having to read your biased ignorant comments. Jeez man if you crapped golden nuggets i could understand but im sure your excrement smells jsut the same as the rest of ours.

Very well put I must say!:cheers:

And for Saw troll. Man your a outspoken arrogant fool. 28,000 post doesnt make you smart it makes you annoying. i get so sick of reading these forums and having to read your biased ignorant comments. Jeez man if you crapped golden nuggets i could understand but im sure your excrement smells jsut the same as the rest of ours.

Well, some just don't want the truth - but why do they ask then?
:sucks:

Last edited:
i must agree saw troll, your miniscule little oppinion is probably better than the years of R&D that the Stihl Engineers put in to make that saw. good call man. now tell me, oh smart one, how do people like me get by in life with out having a genious like you by my side to make all my decisions for me? it seems to me like your the guy that adds his worthless $.02 to a thread just to see his post count go up. I know how you can help. put your saws up in the trading post and go to a different hobby. Because your annoying worthless comments just add clutter to an otherwise VERY helpful forum. Im sure there are ppl on this board that have forgot more than you will ever know, but your the one who has his mouth open. knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Well, some just don't want the truth - but why do they ask then?
:sucks:

I happen to know that the reason often is that they want a reassuranse that they made a good choise - but the truth often is that they didn't.

Many don't want to say so, so I have to do it.

I am getting more unpopolar all the time because of this, but that won't stop me from saying the truth when needed!

I happen to know that the reason often is that they want a reassuranse that they made a good choise - but the truth often is that they didn't.

Many don't want to say so, so I have to do it.

I am getting more unpopolar all the time because of this, but that won't stop me from saying the truth when needed!

:cheers:

coming from a broad research based design standpoint, there is a great difference between the terms TRUTH, FACT, THEORY and OPINION.

with that being said; you have have no FACTS to back your THEORY. and with out a proven THEORY there is no TRUTH. So what you preach is OPINION. your un-popular because you cant back up most or your arguments. why dont you hold off on 90 percent of what you think ought to be said and only post what you know is a fact.

since when did opinion become truth?
many a 390 around here cutting firewood just fine. it's a good saw.
maybe you still need to go out and lift some weights.:cry: being too heavy for you to lift and all.....

ST

WE GET IT! YOU DON'T LIKE STIHL SAWS!

Are you feeling okay? It seems like your posts lately have been a dumping ground!

You have some very good knowledge.............Let's see some of it.

The guy already owns the saw. Why put down a tool he enjoys using and found out that it was an easy fix?

Now.....I might understand if you were forced to own and use STIHL saws.

You guys are being kind of harsh, just over a particular model of saw.

If the saw in question was a Poulan Wildthing, most of you guys would be on the other side, a the " morality" defense of your comments about SawTroll
are not valid.
The design of the saw is not the greatest, I agree, which is why I make
good money selling parts for them.

They are a pain to work on, but I am quite good at it by now.
I can strip one down faster than anyone around.

But let's not get too nasty talking about a particular saw, or just too
nasty in general.

Call me an arrogant fool. I need to update my signature............

It needs some spritzing up........

it doesn't matter what saw. if it isn't his hailed 346, it's just junk, doesn't matter what size, weight or color or brand. when he comes on and calls people idiots or morons for wanting to fix or buy any particular saw ( usually ones he's never seen in person or even touched or worked with) is when the problems arise.
he thinks a half pound is going to kill him if he even thinks of picking up a saw that isn't his 'only saw out there' 346:cry:
he needs to go out and try the saws he's knocking before he claims to know what he's talking about. paper only gets you so far....
seems the 'facts' he 'knows' are all from reading, not doing.:monkey:

Yaw shouldn't pay any mind to Troll and his hate and of course ignorance of the 290/310/390 series. I kinda laff at him for everytime he beats the drum it seems I sell a few more of those saws which means merely he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, although his BS is good for giggles and sales,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It's a cheap design because it's an inexpensive saw. It's all relative and it's no where near as bad as the self proclaimed experts say. And your dealer is most likely FOS. Especially if he uses a compression gauge to evaluate the condition of the engine.

It's a cheap design because it's an inexpensive saw. It's all relative and it's no where near as bad as the self proclaimed experts say. And your dealer is most likely FOS. Especially if he uses a compression gauge to evaluate the condition of the engine.

Exactly. Compression readings are nothing more than a estimate and problably the most un-accurate test of all for a 2 cycle engine. Hell most shops don't even use a compression tester on 2 cycle engines at all, I quit using those pointless gauges years ago. The way to go is with a leak down tester, way more accurate and precise.

Even more funny is the clamshell bashing. When anyone gets behind the wheel of a car they are sitting in a clamshell design. The engine and trans is bolted into the body or shell. Makes ya wonder where the clamshell idea really came from for chainsaws doesn't it, hint hint...

Cool man,. tell me more about this leak down test if ya dont mind sir...:popcorn:

A leak down tester is merely a guage where air pressure is pumped into the engine and the guage reads what % is leaking out the engine under constant air pressure. You can have a saw with a fine looking piston, rings and cylinder leaking 40% air which in turn tells you its not gonna run worth a dayumm or have much power. A compression gauge may show its got fine compression because that gauge is being pumped up, its not measuring whether the saw will hold compression, which is where it counts....

Latest posts

Back