Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That saw has been listed for months and has not been bought , its in hard condition, the exterior covers are damaged, broken and parts missing. Better to get one needing less parts as they are hard to find for that model of saw. You may be ok if you already have one of them and only need some parts from it.
Pioneerguy600

Those NU 17`s can get to be a bit pricy, like mine did if you have to source out all NOS internal parts, even some of the covers were NOS. Made the whole rebuild a challenge though.
Pioneerguy600

1073 Scream

I put almost 2 tanks of fuel through my recently resurrected 1073 yesterday. I stopped using it because it started making a high pitch squeel. Loudest on the clutch side...Any ideas?

New addition P21

New freebie came along today..... Complete, runs and no broken parts that I can see.

DSC01190.jpg

I have one question about these small pioneer saws...... WHY is the handle so close to the powerhead? My knuckles get burned/ chaffed against the powerhead while using these.

Gidday

Gidday guys,
My BIL and I collect chainsaws at the moment we have 6 Pioneer saws 2 x 620's , 1 one made in Canada ,1 assembled in Australia ,1 x 3270 ,1 x 1070 Holiday ,1 x 450 ? not sure , 1 x 550 ? again not sure .I do have a few photos of the 620's
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98811&stc=1&d=1242687104

Gidday guys,
My BIL and I collect chainsaws at the moment we have 6 Pioneer saws 2 x 620's , 1 one made in Canada ,1 assembled in Australia ,1 x 3270 ,1 x 1070 Holiday ,1 x 450 ? not sure , 1 x 550 ? again not sure .I do have a few photos of the 620's
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98811&stc=1&d=1242687104

The saw pictured in the top photo is a model 600, they have the cast dual outlet muffler and a more rectangular top cover, the tree emblem on top should be completely green. If it is outlined in green then it is a model 610
Pioneerguy600

No it still makes the noise with the bar and chain off.:dizzy:

Can you see if the clutch shoes are free from dragging on the clutch drum. It most likely is the bearings as the clutch is free to spin with the chain off but clutch shoes dragging on the drum caused by a broken spring can also squeal. Can`t think of anything else to cause a engine to squeal.
Pioneerguy600

Can you see if the clutch shoes are free from dragging on the clutch drum. It most likely is the bearings as the clutch is free to spin with the chain off but clutch shoes dragging on the drum caused by a broken spring can also squeal. Can`t think of anything else to cause a engine to squeal.
Pioneerguy600

clutch shoes are not touching drum, springs don't appear broken.

Gidday Pionnerguy600, thanks for that I was only going by what was on Mike Acres site .
The saw pictured in the top photo is a model 600, they have the cast dual outlet muffler and a more rectangular top cover, the tree emblem on top should be completely green. If it is outlined in green then it is a model 610
Pioneerguy600

No theres not any green on this saw its pretty much as I got it 4-5 years ago if it did have green on it its faded off .
Went to BIL's place to check out the other Pioneers two of them were both 550's heres a few photos of one of them .

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back