The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a good one to whine about. My 440 and 660 were stolen today. On our annniversary. Awesome. My own damn fault. Keep those things locked up tight. No profit this pay half.

You have to be lower than whale s##t and that's at the bottom of the ocean to steal a working mans tools.

Dang Sam. That sucks! You can borrow my 660 if you need to. I'll call this afternoon.

I found them.

A guy found them sitting in a parking lot, and figured something didn't look right. Took them home, looked at the lost/found ads on c-list and saw my ad.

Unreal. Somebody must have grabbed them for quick cash, realized I was probably calling the cops and every pawnshop in town (I was), got cold feet and dumped them.

Dang Sam. That sucks! You can borrow my 660 if you need to. I'll call this afternoon.

Call? Phhhh! Come drink a beer with me.

Thanks again for the kindness all.

Okay.....I'll stop driving the thread completly off topic.....Somebody whine about something.

I found them.

A guy found them sitting in a parking lot, and figured something didn't look right. Took them home, looked at the lost/found ads on c-list and saw my ad.

Unreal. Somebody must have grabbed them for quick cash, realized I was probably calling the cops and every pawnshop in town (I was), got cold feet and dumped them.

Yeah!!!!!!!! :rock:

Now they just need to trip and hit their face on a curb for good measure.

Glad you got your gear back broth'a!

Okay.....I'll stop driving the thread completly off topic.....Somebody whine about something.

Ok, I'll whine, I had this chainsaw deal all lined up, a real sweet deal, but the guy i was gonna buy em from says he doesn't have em anymore (he was mumbling something about the heat being on and he just ditched em pffft) :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I found them.

:clap::clap: But now you don't have a good reason go out and buy some shiny new saws.:msp_biggrin:

off topic? everyone here would whine about there saws being violated. glad things worked out. have a good one. oh and have a stiff one to selabrate . i'll have one for ya.:msp_wink:

Now that all of the nonsense is out of the way... Hope you got to enjoy the end of your anniversary weekend with the fam and a great sigh of relief! :clap:

Glad to see the good news Sam.

Just got home, 1281 miles, all went well. Drove almost straight back from Sultan with a visit with Cedarkerf and Mountaingal. Gonna hit the sack as soon as my brain stops dodging and weaving, my gawd that last 90 miles is a work out.

Tomorrow Cody and I were going work taking down a dozen Douglass-firs but Cody is sick. It was going to be a long drive and a very long day but we were both looking forward to the work. Bummer.

You wouldn't be headed North would you?

The banana bomb is ready.

We averaged 21 mpg, that speed run from Portland to home was only 16mpg and killed the much higher average.
The old thing did 340 miles in six hours, the last 90 miles was on 199.

Re the job tomorrow the call came from a Russian guy who said he had 15 huge redwoods to cut down and he had the permit in hand. When Andy took his day off to drive up and formally bid the job the trees turned to be D-firs and are all about 24-30" dbh. The job is near Half Moon Bay. We were going to cut and mill but now we will just mill into cants. Fir isn't worth enough to spend the time on it.

glad ya made it home with out any prob's randy. and it's weird that i missed this damn site . glad it's back up so i can hear ya all whine.:laugh:

Back